• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chuck?s 78 242

Thanks goes out to Ian ...Hi Performance Auto for the great new rear lights
2e3zfxc.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I sure could use some help the sunroof on the car was missing the seals when I got it so I have no idea how they go on.i bought the Oem front and rear ones from Fcp but I can’t find any info as to how to install them .they look like the same seal but one is shorter than the other does the fat end go down or up I would think down....anyone with pics of one installed sure would help..thanks
Chuck

o72jap.jpg
[/IMG]

The short piece is glued to the rear of the sunroof. The bead goes up and should be glued so that it sits slightly above the sunroof. Use 3M 08011 Black Weatherstrip Adhesive to attach the seals.

The long piece is glued to the body around the front of the sunroof opening, also slightly above the roof with the bead facing up. At 2"-3" from the ends of the seal, the seal should angle down a little so that it's below the level of the roof. That's so it goes under the seal on the rear of the sunroof when it's closed

Just to be clear, the top of the bead should be slightly above the roof, not the whole bead.

Also, the front seal should go below the level of the roof just where the radius starts for the corners at the rear. It's more like 1" instead of 2"-3" from the end of the seal.

Back