• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T 240 Exhaust Manifold

nolift911

90+ - Thoughts on getting this repaired vs. buying something from EBay that is lighter and has better flow....? Anyone use any of the Ebay stuff with success? Or do other shops make manifolds that are better?

IMG_20181206_090007.jpg

IMG_20181206_090003.jpg

IMG_20181206_090310.jpg

IMG_20181206_090110.jpg

Also looking for a bolt on down pipe - anyone sell or make?

Thanks -

Where are you located? I have the downpipe off my F+T that had a section cut out between the turbo and firewall so it cleared a 240 firewall.

That manifold looks to have multiple major cracks.....I might look for another one instead. I have an uncracked one...if you don't mind plugging the EGR hole in #4 (I confirmed an O2 sensor fits.) I just swapped a 15g onto my car last weekend and decided to keep the same 90+ despite one small crack.

Thanks for the info - I am in Leesburg, VA. New to the 240 and new to the +T, slowly gathering parts. Just had my turbo rebuilt, have an OEM intercooler, brackets, ECU, injectors, oil cooler, oil pan with fitting, coolant bottle and plumbing for water. Working on the exhaust stuff and intake now. I have a K-Jet box that I gutted and am getting welded up for an OEM look, just need to figure out the mods to the plastic bottom part.

So you have a 90+ with no cracks? For the down pipe I thought someone made a bolt on to work with the 240...maybe I was wrong. I have a section from a 740 and a welder but I weld like Stevie Wonder...:omg:

Was going to try and install a little bit at a time so not to have the car in pieces for too long with the risk of not getting back to it...have to many projects now.

Last edited:
I would modify the pipe you have now. The oe metal welds nicely. Just cut out a small section at the top of pipe, about 1 1/2 inches. Hard to tell in pictures but it cleared very well.

28547007958_6e9003bc53_z.jpg
42370282342_864a8693b2_z.jpg

I painted the pipe afterwards with rust-oleum high temp paint.

40651868150_23d60ddb56_z.jpg

OK so that is just a 740/940 piece welded to a stock 240? Does it need to be bent or jog in any particular direction? I wanted to keep the cat is that possible?

FWIW...I think there is a 740 downpipe and a 940 downpipe which are slightly different shapes.

I used a 940 downpipe for my 240 +T and did not have to do any modification to make it clear the firewall.

I have it for sale if you are interested (does not have a cat, but you could easily have one welded in).

OK so that is just a 740/940 piece welded to a stock 240? Does it need to be bent or jog in any particular direction? I wanted to keep the cat is that possible?

No, that is a 740/940 down pipe with 1.5 inches removed from the top portion and welded back together. You can always test fit manifold with turbo and down pipe to see how everything fits.

Although I have not built a complete exhaust it not hardand the cast iron plus 90 is good when ported a little. The ebay ones are not bad for the price but needs work like flange flipped and Braceing so it does not crack easy. My exhaust is falling off my 242 so it’s just sitting till spring. Doing mine right the first time

Back