• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 B230f+t Dyno result

Bloody244

so i turboed my 87 240 unopened b230f 80k miles with a 19t its running 7.5 psi it has 118 whp in second gear and the dynograph dips at 4.5k to 5k but then pull to 6k like nothing happend and is so Rich that it wont go higher than 3.7k rpm in 3rd then it gets so rich they stopped the dyno run so it has orange top injectors 90+ manifold and the do88 bigpack intercooler its lh2.2 with ezk ignition. so how can i get it to run leaner? lambda is at .7 from 3.5k to 6k

so i turboed my 87 240 unopened b230f 80k miles with a 19t its running 7.5 psi it has 118 whp in second gear and the dynograph dips at 4.5k to 5k but then pull to 6k like nothing happend and is so Rich that it wont go higher than 3.7k rpm in 3rd then it gets so rich they stopped the dyno run so it has orange top injectors 90+ manifold and the do88 bigpack intercooler its lh2.2 with ezk ignition. so how can i get it to run leaner? lambda is at .7 from 3.5k to 6k

Check O2 sensor, FPR for leakage. If those are good, you can lean out the AMM by taking out the tamper plug and turning the adjuster to the left from what I remember for leaner.

Adding more boost isn't a solution if it is running super rich. You need to figure out why it is running rich.

Do you have access to a fuel pressure test kit to see what it is doing at idle and if fuel pressure goes up under boost?

Do you have all the correct LH 2.2 pieces such as AMM (007) and are there no boost leaks between the AMM and the intake?

Have you compared the look/color of the spark plugs to a chart to see if they have any clues?

I assume the orange tops are similar flow rate to the stock turbo green injectors?

i dont have a pressure test kit

i have all the correct pieces

no boost leaks

spark plugs look normal

i dont know about the green vs orange flow rate

i will check the o2 sensor and the FPR then the AMM

Also check the coolant sensor, best place to check is at the ecu, that way you can make sure your wiring is good too.

Well ****. I just learned my new thing for the day. Never thought to check in such a convenient location hahaha

the 02 sensor wire to the ecu was damaged only the insulation held the wire together also will a 9mm rod stock b230f hold 14 psi or what is safe and how much whp is the max i can safely have i have to race a mk7 gti 230hp dsg

14 psi can be safe as long as your car is setup and tuned correctly.

Have a ****ed up tune or boost leaks or flaky other components.

BAH BYE

I wouldn't feel bad about shoving 16 or 17psi through a skinny rod motor if it was running right. Probably still wouldn't beat a GTI though.

the 02 sensor wire to the ecu was damaged only the insulation held the wire together also will a 9mm rod stock b230f hold 14 psi or what is safe and how much whp is the max i can safely have i have to race a mk7 gti 230hp dsg

Only way you're going to beat that GTI is if your pour sugar in his gas tank...

Back