• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DC Area Autocross - Sunday Nov. 10

Those are stock taillights sprayed red and with a Volvo "decor panel" in the center.

with license plate edited out:
my_car_back_edit.jpg

yorkbrick said:
Hey Micheal
I know you beat that porsche,
right? :)

I got smoked, killed, crushed, etc. by that Porsche! My car off the line is a little slower than it's usual slow pace due to wheel hop (bad bushings), and he had slicks....so when I run 1st gear to 6k, he's entering the first turn. I grab second, hit about 35mph and enter the first turn. He had me by 3 car lengths in maybe 100-150ft! It's a '70 Carrera, 9" flares, 16"x10" slicks, '88 3.0L flat 6, gutted interior, lightened, obviously modified and running in F Prepared.

He was turning 27sec. per course compared to my 34s, so in a normal event it was 54 to 68, or in other words I got slaughtered! In my defense, my tire combo worked against me, and I probably lost a second at the start. With proper R-compound tires, I wouldn't have been so far behind.

What I found odd was that in this Pro-Solo style autocross (2 cars on 2 mirror image courses at the same time), they usually matched up similar cars. Ex: 2 S2000's, 2 WRX's, 2 built up Mustangs, etc. Now I know there's no other 240, but how did I get paired with one of the fastest cars? It's still racing against the clock, not head to head, but I thought it was a little unfair. Or I could look at it like they had great respect for the Volvo 240 DL...nah! 8)

Back