• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I plasti-dipped my 780 Bertone.

Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car. If you want to do work at this level why don't you go buy a 2002 honda civic where this type of paint would be welcome.

I almost died laughing. How damn dumb can you be? Jesse will never sell this car, so who gives a flying **** of what he does to his own car? If you don't like what he did to his car go plastidip your eye balls so you can never seen it again!

Back on topic, I love it! You need to post the pic of you in the military convoy! And can I barrow your spray gun? I want to plastidip my truck an 240!

Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car. If you want to do work at this level why don't you go buy a 2002 honda civic where this type of paint would be welcome.

Awesome.

Unlike ignorance. The paint is removable... with an unharmed factory finished left underneath..

Unlike ignorance. The paint is removable... with an unharmed factory finished left underneath..

But unlike brick driver, this car at one time had a desirable factory finish.

How do you really feel bro? What about me rollering my car with house paint? I didn't mask a thing. I just used a razor blade for cleanup.

I've thought about painting my 242 olive drab

Last edited:

bahaha, this is TOO rich. I'm almost in tears over here! You hurt my feelings, i should go cry in a corner because someone doesn't like what i'm doing WITH MY OWN CAR! Oh wait, nope. I don't care if you don't like it. I did it for me, and what style i was going for, not yours. If anything, i PROTECTED the remaining ****ty paint in whatever state it is. Yes I'm aware this is a rare car. I'm also not a pussy afraid to modify it, throw in a manual trans and performance parts to my liking. The emblems and lock cylinders(spelled correctly) have also been peeled off back to their normal chrome finish, because again, IT'S REMOVABAL. Do a little research before you try your snarky half-assed opinions here, dicksauce.

Last edited:
bahaha, this is TOO rich. I'm almost in tears over here! You hurt my feelings, i should go cry in a corner because someone doesn't like what i'm doing WITH MY OWN CAR! Oh wait, nope. I don't care if you don't like it. I did it for me, and what style i was going for, not yours. If anything, i PROTECTED the remaining ****ty paint in whatever state it is. Yes I'm aware this is a rare car. I'm also not a pussy afraid to modify it, throw in a manual trans and performance parts to my liking. The emblems and lock cylinders(spelled correctly) have also been peeled off back to their normal chrome finish, because again, IT'S REMOVABAL. Do a little research before you try your snarky half-assed opinions here, dicksauce.

Dude, take a chill pill. Name calling makes YOU look like a dick. mr brick driver isn't impressed with what you did, so what? To be perfectly honest with you, I think it sucks too. At least it is "removable". It's your car, do what you want with it. Before you go throwing stones, you might want to run spell check. You obviously aren't the greatest at "speeelun" yourself. :rofl:

The point i was trying to get across, was to do your research before jumping to conclusions. It's basically like i never touched the car.

speelun airrurs added for comedy

I thought that might be the case. :) mr brick driver is WAY to concerned about the fate of all the vintage Volvos. I told him the other night on the phone, "at least you are taking care of the car. It could be way worse. You could be one of those on here that pulls the GOOD parts off a 780 and then, CRUSHES IT."

The emblems and lock cylinders(spelled correctly) have also been peeled off back to their normal chrome finish, because again, IT'S REMOVABAL. Do a little research before you try your snarky half-assed opinions here, dicksauce.

Removable (spelled correctly)

Just doing my part to help feed the trolls. :rofl:

Gotta love correcting spelling then typing REMOVABAL. Comedic effect successful. I meant to ask you about that code on the side. Makes sense. My god I love those wheels. Have since you got them. I see this as the perfect next step in the evolution of this project. Still hyper jealous. Love 780's.

How durable is it for daily use? It's used a lot in car photography and commercials; it's much cheaper to give it a new coat over night then shipping additional cars or in some cases there is only one prototype they like to shoot in different colors. But I've seen the wind ripping of a plastic coat in the desert, so I'm a little surprised to see this for daily use.

How durable is it for daily use? It's used a lot in car photography and commercials; it's much cheaper to give it a new coat over night then shipping additional cars or in some cases there is only one prototype they like to shoot in different colors. But I've seen the wind ripping of a plastic coat in the desert, so I'm a little surprised to see this for daily use.

I coated both side mirrors on my old wagon and it help up for a year until I got rid of the car. I did two coats and it survived all the dead bugs and pressure washes.

Back