• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Unicorn Parts? What are some of the hardest replacement parts to find for your volvo?

Right rear 5 panel taillight backup lens. I actually have a spare left 5 panel taillight if anyone would like to trade even up for a right or even plus a small amount of cash for your trouble.

Yeah interior stuff can be harder to find. Door pockets and center console are notoriously fragile. Rest seems to hold up better, though not perfect.

Some stuff is still available new, not always that expensive. For example rear seat folding latch grip thingie broke. 19 euro new.

Mechanical stuff, i can get what I need to keep it on the road and improve. Almost everything drive train - suspension - steering - braking related is available. Quality issues yeah, lots of bad engine mounts, suspension bushings, strut mounts etc to be found. But quality parts are available and companies like Kaplhenke and others offer upgrades for plenty of things. Try www.skandix.de for a good selection of Volvo and replica parts too.

I guess I'm lucky to have a relatively clean example - did not have to fix that many interior things yet. Mild climate helps too.

I would buy, in fact I will pay your $50 price if you still want to sell it.

When they were last still available they were $55 plus corporate shipping at IPD almost 10 years ago now.

That said I believe I have a passenger side in good shape, I'll PM you so you can see a picture of what I have.

I have a 5 panel light that someone made their own reverse lens. Got some clear plastic and cut and shaped it to fit and glued it on. The light was too good to scrap over that. lol.

I'll have to research which Garrett I have here, it doesn't have the AR on it, and the tag just has a bunch of numbers on it.

All 240 turbos used a .63 exhaust housing. The T3 Garrett 760 and 740 turbos used a .48. If you look around on it. It is usually on there. The .63 is lower restriction and has a bit more air flow but is also slightly more lag than a .48. I know this as I have a T3 cosworth .48 on my 240 and it has less lag than the old .63 did. My clutch didn't hold up to it very well. lol.

Diverter valves for 740s for sure

I can't find a replacement diverter valve for my 89 740t. Mine doesn't hold pressure anymore so Im staying out of the yellow for now until my adapting pats come in next month:grrr:

Back