• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mattis' Beater 245

Mattis

Bought a new car. -78 245: paintwork shot, mismatched interior panels, non-working instrument lights, leaky power steering, temp gauge constantly reads red, busted side window, and some rust.. But it was dirt cheap, its registered, and taxed, cost me 50 bucks a year to have it on the road + gas

It's intended as a second car/work horse, but it will donate some chrome to my brown wagon, and I will keep the rest of it very cheap/free(It will get things I didn't deem good/cool enough for my other cars)

Not gonna do to much with it, quad rounds, coffin hood, US turns, 16" V70 steelies, chopped springs, mabye the lower plastic trim from a 86 or newer 245, and a roof rack, then rattle can it flat black

Pics.

DSCI0075-3.jpg

Front

DSCI0076-3.jpg

Busted window (replaced now)

DSCI0077-4.jpg

Non-busted window

DSCI0078-2.jpg

Steering wheel from GLT parts car

DSCI0079-3.jpg

V70 steelie

What colour is that? Im not sure if its the lighting, but I dont think Ive seen that colour before. Doesnt look that beat!

What colour is that? Im not sure if its the lighting, but I dont think Ive seen that colour before. Doesnt look that beat!

It's Black, was yellow from the factory.

Managed to source some free Bridgestone noranzas with plenty of studs/threads left, plus some "sports seats" on 240 rails for it.. Going to go pick up some parts for project roof rack later, pics of roof rack stuffs will follow

New interior
Door cards from the ex DD
DSCN1021.jpg

Freebie sport seat (got both)
DSCN1022.jpg

The rest I had lying around
DSCN1023.jpg

Notice the cool plastic trunk mat, and tan spare wheel cover, will be painted blue
DSCN1024.jpg

I also went looking at some headlights, only problem there was a car attached to 'em, so now I also got this:

DSCN1028.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

it makes me sad to see a flathood like that :-/
but those are the Ecodes everyone stateside is after!

Yep I know thats the lights everyone wants over there, but I need them as parts for the poo brown 245

Nice man, good find on the headlights, well the whole blue donor:nod:

I'm not sure that it will be a full on donor car, as I have found absolutely no rust on it.. Time will tell, maybe it will become a project car some time
Yep I have been bitten HARD by the vintage wagon bug

Why that car gotta be a donor, that blue looks sweet! I would take that car just the way it is in a heartbeat!

Well it's not going to be stripped and junked (it's not like there are becoming more of these), the beat fenders will get some hammering action and go on the beater, if the rest of the body polishes out nicely, I'll paint a hood and some new fenders and slap on there.

Well the plans have changed a bit, it wont get coffin hood, and V70 steelies. But it will get the beat 850 lip from my old DD

Since the key word on this car is cheap, it will instead use these awful 15's since I had them lying around, new tires on them too. Hopefully they won't look too awful in flat black
DSCI0082-1.jpg

Did some "tidying" in the engine bay while I was changing the power steering pump (switched ignition system to a newer one, and fitted the other type filter box so I could use the k&n panel filter I had lying around)
Before:
DSCN1020-1.jpg

After:
Motorrom.jpg

Since my stock temp gauge read this all the time
Tempfeil.jpg

I fitted this
Reelltemp.jpg

Have changed the bumper for a better one, and started dealing with surface rust, the turn signals are on their way to Mr Fraktion on here
DSCN1025.jpg

My new dash mounted fuse, cable shoes,etc. compartment
Sopp.jpg

I also got this, witch is a flathood grille for use with the quad rounds
Grill-1.jpg

Stuff on their way from the states, for this car:
Quad rounds from pkillski o' flood
Water pump, and polyurethane bushings for the power steering pump from Ipd

Thats all I had for now, hopefully I'll be able to get the fenders off the blue one, and rattlecan the whole thing flat black this week, hoping the weather cooperates

coming along nicely!

Thanks

Well the road noise levels have come down a bit after I did the interior swap, I should have changed the sound insulation mats in the floor while I was at it, this used to be a delivery van in the olden days (2 seater), and on top of that it was the lowest equipped model, it don't even have the wiring for a radio in the harness, or the inner fender liners, so I guess the sound insulation mats are also of an lower quality than the 5 seater wagons.

The front end is also really bouncy, cause it still has the delivery front springs, witch will be changed for some chopped ones once I change fenders, and mount the fender liners

Back