• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B234 sounds spooky

totallyKei

Hey guys. I managed to pick myself up a minty 90' 16 valve 745 with an m46. I definitely love it. I didn't notice it when I picked it up, but I definitely think it has some piston slap action. It's got a good chunk of miles. (Great oil pressure at idle though, 60psi on the highway) What would you guys do? Bore and find resized pistons?

Piston slap isn't hurting anything. If compression is good and not consuming oil I'd just turn the radio up until she warms up.

There are slaps and slaps
dancingpur_el2p7k46.gif

Liquimoly Leichtlauf or synthoil is the only oil I’ve found that will reduce the cold start piston slap on redblock engines.

Reblocks are prone to piston slap and it's usually nothing to be too concerned of.

Liquimoly Leichtlauf or synthoil is the only oil I?ve found that will reduce the cold start piston slap on redblock engines.
+1
I also use Liqui Moly oil and noticed the same thing after using Catrol Magnatec for a while.
I use this one in my B230FT:
1015055.jpg

You guys are great, thanks for putting my mind at ease. Was idling it during my break today an was stressing myself out. I'm used to BXX motors, and the big end guided stuff.

Back