• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can body parts from a V90 / newer 960 bolt onto a 940?

ThinkDifferent

If you go to the OffTopic-Volvo owners in the UK topic, you can see a car which looks like a V90 but, unless the registration is personalised, is actually from 1990!

I have fixed up cars a lot, I restored my BMW 318i from breakers' yards. But a modified volvo estate in England would get laughed at, so I want it to look stock, just classier! The V90 is much nicer looking, and my car already has panel damage I want to fix, just not urgently.

Even if the parts bolt on, obviously the bonnet, both wings, the lights and the front spoiler would have to all be changed at once for it to fit. I'd especially like to update the door handles, license plate light cover, as the newer ones are smoother.

The real question is, what lies under the surface that would need changing, or would it all bolt on?

Thanks for any help on this!

Alex
volvo@alexgibson.com

What year is your car, if you have a post 95 940 it is all a bolt on from the V90. If not then it is for some parts like the rear wingthings/ license plate decal/ tailights. mirrors/ rear bumper. Some things are not as easily interchangable the whole front end afterr 95 in europe as you know looks different, however the sheetmetal can be adapted, though I rather like the pre 95 940 look, just me though. It won't be really any more aerodynamic to convert to the post 95 style, but to each his own.

Back