• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

t5 v70 awd to rwd longditudinal

samepartlee

hi guys newbie here. i have just purchased a 97. 2,5t v70 awd and want to make it just rwd
.i already own a 98 t5 manual fwd lightly modded which im prepared to sacrifice in the name of v70 rwd!.
im thinking t5 engine,m90 box,into the awd shell.
just a few questions,
.,can i unbolt the viscous from the axle and bolt a prop on? or do i have to change the diff? what diff bolts in? bmw? im asuming the 960 prop for the gearbox end? whats the best flywheel,clutch combo? anyone done this before? i was thinking solid flywheel,diesel clutch or similar to handle torque? not sure so i thought i would ask!
i just want a 300+ rwd v70!
any usefull info would be appreciated! thanks in advance. p.s im a mechanic and an engineer of 23 years so cutting welding turning etc is not a problem!

Wut he said.

The B6304 can be turblo'd up to maybe 400 HP with stock internals. Plus options exist to bolt a T5 manual transmission to it. If you just want 300hp, borrow the plumbing from the S80 t6 and +t the B6304. Booya

Might want to talk to Lookforjoe. He's got a quick V70xc awd ~450awhp. And his AWD system has lasted at 450awhp. Too much crazy for V70 rwd. V90 turb'd or LS based V8.

If you really really want a V70 RWD chassis via turning the engine the correct direction you might find that the Chassis will require a bit of cutting and re welding of the firewall and trans tunnel area in order to fit stuff how you want it.

hi guys newbie here. i have just purchased a 97. 2,5t v70 awd and want to make it just rwd
.i already own a 98 t5 manual fwd lightly modded which im prepared to sacrifice in the name of v70 rwd!.
just a few questions,
.,can i unbolt the viscous from the axle and bolt a prop on? or do i have to change the diff? what diff bolts in? bmw? im asuming the 960 prop for the gearbox end? whats the best flywheel,clutch combo? anyone done this before? i was thinking solid flywheel,diesel clutch or similar to handle torque? not sure so i thought i would ask!
any usefull info would be appreciated! thanks in advance. p.s im a mechanic and an engineer of 23 years so cutting welding turning etc is not a problem!

Really? :roll:

This has to be a troll post...just has to be...

Yep...just as I thought....

Only one post:
http://www.tccoa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6323473

Only one post:
http://forums.t5d5.org/user/11926-samepartlee/

Last edited:
Whats a troll post? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm new to forums. Another question,if I decide to keep the awd,is there a way to beef up the viscous or remove it totally and replace with something else that won't break?

hi guys newbie here. i have just purchased a 97. 2,5t v70 awd 1 and want to make it just rwd
just a few questions,

and I want a FWD 240

not realistically possible

yup and at the end of the day you will get a couple of nods from some Volvo guys at a car show and the girl(s) you are trying to impress will care not at all

Hey don't judge, Volvo guys can take it with as much passion as any girl.

You should really look at below links before any more "impossible" talks.

awd is nothing new... hell it's mostly bolt on... but a rwd ... attempted a few times. achieved even less

I again stand by my statement RWD p80 "impossible"

there was some crazy Polack back east back in my Volvospeed days that was going to do a rwd 850. (this was back in 2003-4) he had a lambo or some other exotic pussycat engine for it

Last edited:
Back