• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nylon fuel hose... size?

Corvairdude

Removed and replaced engine into a 91 940 wagon from a 93 940 wagon both turbocharged. Fuel line from filter to top fuel rail different from 91 to 93. 1993 is a longer fuel line then the 91 and the connection is at a different location on the injection fuel rail. Fuel line on 93 had a pin hole in it so I wanted to replace it.

The question is proper size I believe to be 5/16?

Other question I have is where to buy it?

I checked with the local ipd, FCP Euro and Tasca which I'm having a difficult time finding.

Total length needs to be 73 in.

Thanks for your time.

If you want use a normal fuel hose, then it would be 1/4 inch. Order online, gates 1/4 inch. It comes in a 25ft roll. I bought the hose at napa before it was like $35 bucks so you might as well pay a few more bucks for a 25ft roll.

Was hoping to use the nylon type as rubber deteriorates with time and ethanol speeds the process.

With all the folks in this community someone knows what the official name of this nylon fuel or where to purchase. I understand I need working pressure of 80 psi. Sound correct?

Any chain auto parts store has the nylon line stocked 8mm and 10mm with just about any fitting you could need

Fmsi is the brand that is currently taking over in my area

Back