• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Identify my cam

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
I've been running this in my car for the last year, took it out to do some stuff and looking at the markings I'm not so sure this is the cam I thought it was.

11.35mm lift intake and exhaust

zmAu3VBh.jpg

LsE9Mboh.jpg

p5NLAN7h.jpg

Slotted cam, no markings on the end.

What cam did you think it was? It’s not a factory grind, based on the lobes not having the thinner raised portion. Can you take a picture of the back where it’s slotted?

From that other KL racing cam thread...

Curious if anyone is running any of the KL Racing turbo camshafts. I noticed the company popping up in threads about people wanting 3" downpipes and/or intercoolers and noticed they also made camshafts. They seem reasonable at about $123 before shipping.

Specs below:
name/duration/lift/LSA

T2...280...11.30mm...112

Did you not see the KL and the 2 in the pic you took?

Crazy that there's no marking back there. Lame!
I did, but don't the KL cams have a smaller base circle? This one's 36mm, same as a stock cam.

I was told it's an IPD turbo, btw.
Yes, KL cams all have a smaller base circle, so this is not one. If you don't need to put it in the car, you can ship it to Shoestring to have it measured at some point and compare to other cams?

I measured intake lift at TDC and got about 1.1mm. "Almost certainly IPD turbo" in the big ol chart of cam specs is listed as 1.0mm. Max lift figure is also the same. I still wanna know why it says KL on it though.

Back