• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2019 East vs West Competition.

It looks like he has an open diff. Some sort of limited slip and stickier tires and he should be in the 13s.

he was on street tires with a G80, and this was his first time attempting a 1/4 mile. I think he is very capable of getting in the 13's. unfortunately, the track got shut down for an hour because of a mechanical failure that dumped coolant down 2/3 of the track and exit lane right when he got there, then only a chance for 1 run before the track got shut down completely when a 1500HP CTS-V went into the wall 10 min before the track closed.

Yes, the 60' time.
he was on street tires with a G80, and this was his first time attempting a 1/4 mile. I think he is very capable of getting in the 13's. unfortunately, the track got shut down for an hour because of a mechanical failure that dumped coolant down 2/3 of the track and exit lane right when he got there, then only a chance for 1 run before the track got shut down completely when a 1500HP CTS-V went into the wall 10 min before the track closed.
Ouch! And cool, one run is better than none but a total bummer to only get one!

Ryan, have you had your car on the dyno with the current setup or similar, before?

Yes, the 60' time.
Ouch! And cool, one run is better than none but a total bummer to only get one!

Ryan, have you had your car on the dyno with the current setup or similar, before?

last time the car was on a dyno was probably 10 years ago at Evil Genius (Davis weekend event) when it was on K-jet and could only safely run 9psi. it put down somewhere in the 140-150 HP range and 191 ftlbs. previous best 1/4 time was 14.1 @ 98mph up in PDX with you guys a few years back

we have an unofficial time frame for some dyno time in February or March to do some tuning, we'll get some new numbers then.

last time the car was on a dyno was probably 10 years ago at Evil Genius (Davis weekend event) when it was on K-jet and could only safely run 9psi. it put down somewhere in the 140-150 HP range and 191 ftlbs. previous best 1/4 time was 14.1 @ 98mph up in PDX with you guys a few years back

we have an unofficial time frame for some dyno time in February or March to do some tuning, we'll get some new numbers then.

Where at???

I gotta say, Jimmy did pretty well for a roughly put together, not finished build, on street tires with a G80, never raced before, and grip on the track was far less than acceptable. Throwing down less power than I did at PIR last year, where I couldn't spin a tire if I tried, this weekend I couldn't get mine out of the hole without spinning, with one run, only one against Ryan, where I spun them clear thru 1st and halfway thru 2nd, after doing a solid warmup on them. Prep has never been a strong suit for Sac. I've never been able to get better than a 2.0 60' even on my 255/40 Advan's.

Having been in Ryan's car plenty, I'd put him at a solid 300, based on performance against mine when it was dyno'd at 275whp a few years back. I'm sure if he could get it out of the hole without bogging or spinning, it's got a 13.4 in it.

My wagon was pretty cobbled together for the day, "finished" working on it about noon and then left. I found later my turbo inlet gasket blew the bottom half out on the way there and had to grab a stud from my buddy in the blue 244 that accompanied me.

Not to blame the car too much tho, I messed up the launch pretty bad spinning the tires in first for way too long. A combination of fixing the car and perfecting my launch I'm hoping to do better for next year.
Time to look into cheap used slicks, and or wire up the secondary rev limiter on the Buchka board. 53$ tires at 5000rpm don't really hold traction

13.4 would be great, only room for improvement from Saturday anyways. Lots of fun though

Last edited:
I gotta say, Jimmy did pretty well for a roughly put together, not finished build, on street tires with a G80, never raced before, and grip on the track was far less than acceptable. Throwing down less power than I did at PIR last year, where I couldn't spin a tire if I tried, this weekend I couldn't get mine out of the hole without spinning, with one run, only one against Ryan, where I spun them clear thru 1st and halfway thru 2nd, after doing a solid warmup on them. Prep has never been a strong suit for Sac. I've never been able to get better than a 2.0 60' even on my 255/40 Advan's.

Having been in Ryan's car plenty, I'd put him at a solid 300, based on performance against mine when it was dyno'd at 275whp a few years back. I'm sure if he could get it out of the hole without bogging or spinning, it's got a 13.4 in it.

What does his car weigh?

If you are asking about mine, I don't know. estimating between 3,200-3,400 with me in it and a full tank.

1/4 mile calculators put you around 270 flywheel HP at 3200 lbs. If you trust that to be somewhat accurate, and you also trust injector calculators, than you should probably get some bigger injectors.

1/4 mile calculators put you around 270 flywheel HP at 3200 lbs. If you trust that to be somewhat accurate, and you also trust injector calculators, than you should probably get some bigger injectors.

oh, yeah, I know these little guys are maxed out. I have the 60lb injectors and a 3" MAF on the shelf to put in after we get some good numbers with the boost turned down (as to not max out the injectors) for a good base on the current parts

Trust me Tyler, Ryan and I have discussed the 'how the hell is your car this quick on those tiny injectors' situation several times. lol

James' car is a full street trim 245, so what, 3300 plus driver and stuff?

Looks like we still need Jimmy's, Erik's, and my times added to the roster.

40UQyX4l.jpg

Last edited:
WOWSERS! You guys were busy between christmas and new years. I'm catching up here. But there are lots of
really interesting exciting timesplips pouring in. Stay tuned... I'll tally the winner!

Back