• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

JW's 1991 240 wagon

The engine shot:

Downpipe:

Made from 321 stainless steel (bling). 76.1x2mm tubing. home made V-band flange. I still have a flex section, 200 cpi metallic racecat and a support bracket that need to be added to this downpipe. The rest of the exhaust will be a 3" JT superflow system with 2 straight through mufflers.
Aircleaner is from some Volvo construction equipment thingie, maybe i can get it to fit. it is pretty hugee (occupies space of windshield washer tank+coolant reservoir if i were to use it).

sneaks past the firewall. inspired by Kaplhenkeee.

Interior back, seat heater connected, central locking installed, power mirrors. M90 shifter fits nicely. The seat looks more gray than it is in the pic, the flash makes it look that way.

The M90 shifter installed together with the sound insulating stuff:

Fits good, no extra holes needed to be drilled in the transmission tunnel. stupid me uploaded it in lower res... see gallery for much more M90 install pics.
The hydraulic clutch has been installed/bled as well. 260 pedal+mc, 940 line+sc. Seems to work good.

Last edited:
Yes that looks more like it, not sure about the 850 seats look, then again they will be much better for track like driving but they do ruin the grandpa 245 look that i loved on your car.

btw that "sound insulating stuff" i need to install that on my car there is now kind of a hole to the outside of the car.. i dont like that .. should fix that.. anyway looking good

I like your approach with this project. It's very factory-like, and not over-complicated for the sake of being over-complicated.

But will it outrun the 760 :oogle:?

It runs!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tS_BQzeRHk&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tS_BQzeRHk&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

some pics:
pb223931.jpg

Finished DP with 2 O2 bungs, flex, v-band and cat.

pb223941.jpg

DP support, extra HD, stainless steel.

pb213928.jpg

Welding

pb293925.jpg

Intake/IC piping made from exhaust tubing. I brazed the joints and the beads for the hose, worked great. Still need to add the CBV ports and the port for the crankcase ventilation hose. Aircleaner is a used K&N one from a Subaru or Mitsubishi, i forgot. I tried to fit the 240 diesel box or 7/900 turbo box but those take up so much space....

pb293928.jpg

Got negative camber? ;-)
Still need to adjust the passenger side wheel bearing (has play), adjust toe-in and chase down a small noise. Solid endlinks fitted as well (will dig up some pics of my creation)

Next up is the exhaust, some wiring work, some finishing touch etc. Maybe some rust removal in the rear wheel arches as well. Almost ready for the street again :)

I love the intake and the M90 DP clamp! Jealous!
Good work there, so your pretty much done now aren't you

HOORAY. Awesome!
Do you still want my old K&N cone?
Next step, install the christmas present im sending you.

HOORAY. Awesome!
Do you still want my old K&N cone?
Next step, install the christmas present im sending you.

Yeah i am glad it finally runs! (well, 3 weeks ago i started it for fun without AMM+oxygen sensor but that doesnt count).
I drove it around the field for a bit, seems to run well. Even without boost it pulls very good, great pickup at low rpm. Didnt even get into boost before i got wheelspin (poor traction). The M90 works great too, clutch too, no ugly surprises there luckily.
The turbo seems to spool nicely, with a bit more throttle you can hear it spooling up and down after releasing throttle.

The K&N filter i have now seems to be fine, but it has some extra connections and stuff i don't need, i'll let you know if i need one of a better size.
This filter i have now uses a PVC plumbing reduction to attach the AMM to the filter, so there is room for improvement :-P

I'm always eager for 240 goodies :)

Back