• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Divided turbo manifold 1-2 vs 1-3

Correct me if I am wrong but 1 and 4 ride together just like 2 and 3. i.e. when 1 is going up to the top, so is 4, but 2 and 3 are racing to the bottom.

Firing-order-of-4-cylinder-engine.gif

So is the choice then determined by the head (valves)?

Last edited:
Derp, I didn't look at your question closely enough. If you're not pairing it with #4, then it really doesn't mater if you choose 2 or 3.

Proper pairing (an exhaust pulse every 360 degrees) would tie together 1 and 4, 2 and 3.

Improper pairing 1 and 2 or 3, 4 and 2 or 3 - would result in 2 pulses separated by 180 degrees, then 540 degrees of nothing.

Either one would probably work, it might be hard to casually tell the difference just driving it around. Not sure. Is this for NA or a divided scroll turbo manifold?

Last edited:
Derp, I didn't look at your question closely enough. If you're not pairing it with #4, then it really doesn't mater if you choose 2 or 3.

Proper pairing (an exhaust pulse every 360 degrees) would tie together 1 and 4, 2 and 3.

Improper pairing 1 and 2 or 3, 4 and 2 or 3 - would result in 2 pulses separated by 180 degrees, then 540 degrees of nothing.

Either one would probably work, it might be hard to casually tell the difference just driving it around. Not sure. Is this for NA or a divided scroll turbo manifold?

This

Either way it will sound like a subaru...and probably work well enough. Not ideal, but definitely not the end of the world. If anything, the shorter the runner the better.

Back