• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbo and manifold swap 240 - 740

Wolfie

I have been out of the game for a while. Can some one remind me... If there a reason I can't swap out the manifold and garret T3 from a 240 directly into my 740? The 740 had a factory T3. are the parts identical?

Sorry if there is another thread for this. I have a very limited time to buy.

Thanks Everybody!

I dont see why there would be a difference. Other than things like old style manifold vs new style. But all and all I buy 740 manifolds and put them on 240s all the time.

89 740? Only two differences I can think of between 240 and 740 manifolds. The 240 manifold will have an O2 sensor threaded into the bottom of the collector you will need to plug and early manifolds are set up for the ring bracket support and not the lower support that bolts to the block.

Only other caveats I can think of are an 89 740 often has a .52/.48 trim turbo instead of the typical .42/.48 T3, so you might notice a difference if your 89 was stock. If.
And obviously an 81 240 manifold will have a flat flange instead of the typical raised lip the rest do. Assuming the manifold is original and not replaced by now.

I have a couple of early 740 manifolds I don't need lying around if there is an issue with your 240 manifold.

Back