• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm a sick, sick man...

actually chris, we've been reviewing you prognosis down here at work and we've come up with a formula for you to determine if you are actually right. this works on anyone with a five door.

if the total square footage of each one of your car's cargo areas (with the seats down) meets or exceeds the square footage of wherever it is you're living at the time, then you are truly a sick, sick individual.

AWESOME buy man! Look like it just needs the bumpers painted and the rest of the paint buffed and waxed. As for the intake manifold; it's probably the intake manifold gasket (to head) which is a fairly common failure on until they introduced a better (green) gasket in '97 or '98 (my V90 has the green gasket). The older gasket that tends to fail is orange. Anyway, that's likely the problem, and an easy fix. Other then that, follow tjts1's instructions and you should have a very happy 960. Great car :) How many miles on it?

It's a story as old as time... Odometer broke and the cluster was replaced. Shows 90k, they figure there was 100k on the old one so ~200k.
EDIT: Found the sticker where they replaced the odo at 40k, so she has approx 136k.

Thanks for the tip! I hope to delve in this weekend - stupid dark-by-6PM crap!

Last edited:
You suck. I can't believe you couldn't save one for me. What is the deal with the one with the black wheels. I am now looking real hard at replacing my V70 with something I can hold the title to. Nice work on getting that! Envy!

I was TOTALLY ready to pass this one to you, but they bit on my offer and the Missus liked it. What could I do? :e-shrug:

There's a 87 240 NA down in Decatur that I was going to look at. 750 asking - won't pass smog. I'll forward you the pics if you're interested. Looked good actually.

That one black wheel is a donut spare. My Cetus wheels from the 850 have great tires on them so that's where they will land. Ugly wheel + good tires = who cares about ugly wheels for a little while?

Just to add to the sweetness...

It came with this:
h113KRCX858dmt.jpeg

and this:
h113KDCD301dmt.jpeg

That's a Cassette deck up top and a CD player/ Spectrum Analyzer that pipes thru the cassette deck. RDS is cool! Amp and sub are being considered. Not sure if I want to add anything obtrusive and it has the 3rd seat.

Last edited:
They'll be coming soon. Just picked up a clay bar so she'll get that and a coat of NXT wax tomorrow. Intake manifold is off, ordering the gasket tonight.

Gotta clean the interior then I'll pop up some pics of the inside and out.

On a positive note, almost all of the 'scratches' have come off with Magic Eraser. :oogle:

Before:
100_0515.jpg

After:
100_0640.jpg

The paint on this is pretty good. I think I have a new favorite Volvo color!
100_0639.jpg

I'll have to get some more pics. My wife had the 6.1MP camera and the batteries in my 1.3MP crapped out after taking those two after shots.

Last edited:
Actually, I never thought I'd hear my self say this, but after you cleaned it up, that color DOES look kind of good!? Wow. Awesome find man, hardcore score... :)

Back