• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Modern diesel into a 240!!

The donor is up for around 1000€, which isnt expensive, and my budget is around 6k at this time. Keeping in mind that this car is an actual diesel, i want to keep it that way, and not just have another gas powered car like everyone else. Is just to be different, go against the norm, as so ro speak. Everyone like to keep their car personal and different, an eye catcher with a twist, why not make that twist a diesel?? I doubt that the modern d6 would weigh double what my original 1981 d6 weighs at the minute!!!

Where are you from? Why not just get a turbo diesel Mercedes and slot in there. They have made great diesels forever. But the guys here sometimes bicker about weight of an iron v8 in the front. Which is like 500-600lbs those diesels are double that. I thought there was a guy here doing a vw 1.9t, that would be fun to drive, lighter, great Econ and you can tune them to be pretty robust (for a 1.9)

I just googled D6, yo, and came up with a tug boat motor, you have a D24 like the other poster said. Also many people are swapping that John Deere motor into trucks so I wasn't joking with that post, there is a company Pheonix group that makes a industrial engine SAE size to GM transmission adapters.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who has taken time to answer and those who just take the piss. I forgot that this is a gas orientated page, so i guess diesels arent cery popular over there. My 240 already came with a diesel 6 cylinder D6 engine, do you really think its moden day counterpart weighs alot more?? For those who said i cant afford etc etc, i already have a donor in mind, which is an insurance write off s80. Thanks again anyway for taking your time to help out.

Google "volvo D6 penta" ..guess what? Huge boat motor! All things you mentioned in your 1st post. You don't have a D6, you have a D24 which happens to be a straight 6 cylinder.

Now that I've googled "volvo D6 S80" we see a normal car sized engine!

Being that I just had a D24T in my garage up until last week and there are others here with diesels we are not against.

At least here in the US, anytime you mention Penta it is always boat related, hence the confusion.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who has taken time to answer and those who just take the piss. I forgot that this is a gas orientated page, so i guess diesels arent cery popular over there. My 240 already came with a diesel 6 cylinder D6 engine, do you really think its moden day counterpart weighs alot more?? For those who said i cant afford etc etc, i already have a donor in mind, which is an insurance write off s80. Thanks again anyway for taking your time to help out.

The donor is up for around 1000?, which isnt expensive, and my budget is around 6k at this time. Keeping in mind that this car is an actual diesel, i want to keep it that way, and not just have another gas powered car like everyone else. Is just to be different, go against the norm, as so ro speak. Everyone like to keep their car personal and different, an eye catcher with a twist, why not make that twist a diesel?? I doubt that the modern d6 would weigh double what my original 1981 d6 weighs at the minute!!!

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Enjoy! :cheers:

V10 TDi from a Touareg!

06TouaregTDI_07_engine_web.jpg

370 HP, 550 ft lbs of torks.

The donor is up for around 1000?, which isnt expensive, and my budget is around 6k at this time. Keeping in mind that this car is an actual diesel, i want to keep it that way, and not just have another gas powered car like everyone else. Is just to be different, go against the norm, as so ro speak. Everyone like to keep their car personal and different, an eye catcher with a twist, why not make that twist a diesel?? I doubt that the modern d6 would weigh double what my original 1981 d6 weighs at the minute!!!

Google "volvo D6 penta" ..guess what? Huge boat motor! All things you mentioned in your 1st post. You don't have a D6, you have a D24 which happens to be a straight 6 cylinder.

Now that I've googled "volvo D6 S80" we see a normal car sized engine!

Being that I just had a D24T in my garage up until last week and there are others here with diesels we are not against.

At least here in the US, anytime you mention Penta it is always boat related, hence the confusion.

Exactly. What you mean is the 6 (is there?) diesel from a new S80. Not a Penta / Volvo trucks 6 cylinder "d6" diesel that is meant for semi trucks and LARGE boats.

I didn't realize volvo did a 6 cylinder diesel in the s80, I was only aware of the D5 (whiteblock 5 cylinder diesel).

THAT is a feasible project and one we'll all enjoy watching!

Exactly. What you mean is the 6 (is there?) diesel from a new S80. Not a Penta / Volvo trucks 6 cylinder "d6" diesel that is meant for semi trucks and LARGE boats.

I didn't realize volvo did a 6 cylinder diesel in the s80, I was only aware of the D5 (whiteblock 5 cylinder diesel).

I've never heard of that either, last time volvo had 6 cyl diesel is the D24. After that it's been 4 and 5 cyl. And soon only 4-cyl.

Altough Volvo have named the V60 diesel electric hybrid "D6" but it's a 5-cyl diesel

I don't know if the diesel version of the S80 made it here to the US, but that sounds like a cool idea to me. If you've got the time, money, or talent to put one in your 240, I'll be glad to see some photos as you progress. One other diesel came to mind. One out of a Chevy (! I know..) Cruz. You might have a very hard time finding one, in any country, as I think they've just been introduced this year. (Not sure on that, not much of a late model Chev or any other make, fan.):-D

I don't know if the diesel version of the S80 made it here to the US, but that sounds like a cool idea to me. If you've got the time, money, or talent to put one in your 240, I'll be glad to see some photos as you progress. One other diesel came to mind. One out of a Chevy (! I know..) Cruz. You might have a very hard time finding one, in any country, as I think they've just been introduced this year. (Not sure on that, not much of a late model Chev or any other make, fan.):-D
The Cadillac ATS-D is going to be sick as hell.

More confusing is Penta and Volvo do not use the same nomeclature, so not only is OPs car not a D6, but the Penta D3 isthe Volvo D5 and unless you are a CANBUS genius, you will need a Bosh Motorsport ECU to run it in a car.

Back