• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

We done did k-jet

CTSwee

Yes.

We swapped n/a k-jet into a vehicle. Was previously PRV powered courtesy of JL. That would be too much engine for the GF and to be honest, I didn't want to struggle with difficult-er parts to find.

Enter k-jet with 12b powah.

Stuff came from this green hogg, a future project.

Interesting thing. The green car is a 1982 while the yellow is a 1980. Found the small wiring and hardware differences the hard way.

Prepped the valve cover in ketchup red for a tasty blend of color in the bay.

Needs a filter and pcv hose re-route before she can daily it but it seems to run pretty good.:-P

Last edited:
You kept the Chrysler ignition box and dizzy? Did you keep the L cam too?

Interested to see how this works out in the end.

Yes and yes. Seems to run good sans the few little bugs to work out Like crank vapors. Currently running 5lbs of boost and 87 octane. There was a half tank in it so I'll run it out and bump it to 7 lbs with some decent fuel and see how it feels. But so far it's night and day different than a typical lethargic 21f.

Dibs on PRV madness if you haven't crushed it yet.I'm curious as to how much you would want for the boat anchor but thats if it has the built internals and eagle heads.

2 steps forward then a whole lot of steps back you did it seems.But oh well each to their own. =D k jet seems interesting for what it was and for the type of power you can get from such a old system.

Clean swap!
K-jet is pretty cool when it's working properly, the problem is I would have zero patience (due to zero experience) trying to trouble shoot it when something went wrong. And parts availability/pricing only looks good when compared to ......a PRV :lol:

Hope the GF appreciates your efforts .

There is a number of reasons the prv got yarded out.

It is a cool engine, but unless you absolutely need it to be a volvo engine in your car, then there are better options imo. For this car and it's intended purpose and price of the drive train (free) it's a no brainer. Besides, if this goes sideways on me I'm only a late model intake and throttle body away from chipped lh2.4

Back