• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hello from the PNW

GoldieBrick

Hello ya'll! I've been using this forum for awhile, but have never really posted anything useful. But that has changed as I bought a new project... Which for me, is a daily driver (or will be once I get to that point)... And to be honest, it has been one of the best purchases I've made towards a car.

My recent purchase is a 1969 Volvo 142s for... Wait for it... $700... And the best part of the deal was I got it delivered to my house. But you'll be glad to know that it runs and drives... although not as well as I would like it to (that'll change soon enough). I will elaborate more in another part of this forum about my new daily driver/project, and the link will be added at some point. I just wanted to say hello. Oh, and I guess it's important to point out that I live in Gresham, Oregon and I'm happy to be here.

Cheers.

hi. there's a few of us in gresham. i guess i shouldn't say "us" because i don't live there any more.

i don't think i've ever heard anyone say that. were you out in the sun a little too much today?

Well, I wasn't necessarily referring to being happy in Oregon (although I do like it here, and probably wouldn't move anywhere else); but was referring to being here on this forum... And I can see where the confusion could prompt that response.

being in oregon is rad. it's the gresham part i'm concerned with

Well, if one had a previous address in let's say... Detroit, MI, then Gresham, OR would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Goldie, you should think about bringing that brick to the Volvos on the Green event this coming Saturday, July 5 from noon to 5pm at Marc Williams' house. Very chill event with lots of cool folks, great way to meet like-minded individuals, and if you get in tight with Marc, he has the motherlode of 140 parts.

More info on the Facebook events listing: https://www.facebook.com/events/648316748582081/

Well, if one had a previous address in let's say... Detroit, MI, then Gresham, OR would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Goldie, you should think about bringing that brick to the Volvos on the Green event this coming Saturday, July 5 from noon to 5pm at Marc Williams' house. Very chill event with lots of cool folks, great way to meet like-minded individuals, and if you get in tight with Marc, he has the motherlode of 140 parts.

More info on the Facebook events listing: https://www.facebook.com/events/648316748582081/

I think that people's reaction to me living in Gresham is interesting... When I tell people where I live, they're like, "do you like it out there?" And to be honest, I do. I live more out in the suburbs, so I'm not exactly in the main part of Gresham. And I would love to attend, although I don't think my brick will be drivable by then as I'm waiting for parts. :-(

And being that I dont have a Facebook, could you PM me with Marc's address.

Thanks for the welcoming and invitation.

:cheers:

I think that people's reaction to me living in Gresham is interesting... When I tell people where I live, they're like, "do you like it out there?" And to be honest, I do. I live more out in the suburbs, so I'm not exactly in the main part of Gresham.
at least it's not rockwood. so it's not completely hopeless!

Greetings from Seattle! need any parts? I have a 68 142 that I am parting out.

Hello, I would be more than happy to take some parts off your hands...

What do you have?

I need a heater blower motor (that works preferably), and as everything else is in good working condition, I don't need the whole heater unit. If I think of other things, I will definitely let you know.

-Cody

Back