• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

i am running mikes chips on my 10.3:1 16v +T.
with 89 octane fuel it pinged under light load [part throttle] which was not entirely unexpected.
with E85 fuel it just runs better everywhere. no pinging yet to 7psi [holset hx35cw?]

mike will have better tuned for 16v +T in the future, but they work just fine as they are.

well, theres no way in hell im going to use anything less then 93 on my turbo cars, just not the risk im willing to take. IF I could find e85 anywhere in Dallas I might run that. Im guessing when the 16v+t chips are finalized and said/ done it should be a lot better ping wise and be able to run a lot more boost?

Ah OK i see ;)

I think the missunderstanding lays between the offer hituning did to me and what is really possible ;)

They offered a coldstart enrichment like a choke on old carbs. You add much more fuel, cause under 15?C the car starts like a pcs of crap and if you dont hold the throttle over 2krpm the car will die every time you get load on the engine for the first mile..

Reasons: The ethanol is precipitating on the cylinderwalls directly after injection so no ignitable mixture is available until you revved it a few times with the starter ;)

hituning said they could add such a "choke" function to their chips.. that was my question if you can do so too :)

but the one question would be.. is it really possible with LH2.4 chips? maybe.. cause you need the tempsensor to do so..

The LH2.4 sgot IMHO a genuine coldstart enrichment which they could use for this...??

run an extra cold start injector on a toggle switch...

the problem with e85 and cold start that I have found is that there is just way to much fuel. I have had this issue with my car and 1000cc injectors that until LH starts working afr's are in the 11's for the first 20 seconds of running. Once we get back to building the chips we can do some fine tuning on those bins and let you know how it goes.

well, theres no way in hell im going to use anything less then 93 on my turbo cars, just not the risk im willing to take. IF I could find e85 anywhere in Dallas I might run that. Im guessing when the 16v+t chips are finalized and said/ done it should be a lot better ping wise and be able to run a lot more boost?

what compression 16v are you running?

my 16v is 10.3:1 and it had 89 octane left over in the tank while i went to go get gas. and it was very light pinging only under certain conditions. i believe that with 93 it wouldn't have pinged.

what compression 16v are you running?

my 16v is 10.3:1 and it had 89 octane left over in the tank while i went to go get gas. and it was very light pinging only under certain conditions. i believe that with 93 it wouldn't have pinged.

Im not running 16v yet, im thinking ahead. If I can run 16v+t on mikes lh2.4 8v turbo chips then Im closer to being able to get this installed in my car

the timing maps for 8v and 16v are a bit different

Doesn't mean that it will not work

Heck a v8 map for fueling and timing is a bit different than a b21ft map . . . But yet with MS the car will still run with the v8 map.

Running the 8v maps is far from ideal but it works and still makes good power at low boost so far, but then again this is just coming from someone who has been around one of them cars a little

Doesn't mean that it will not work

Heck a v8 map for fueling and timing is a bit different than a b21ft map . . . But yet with MS the car will still run with the v8 map.

Running the 8v maps is far from ideal but it works and still makes good power at low boost so far, but then again this is just coming from someone who has been around one of them cars a little

thats what I was thinking, but until then i'll just wait till some 16v chips come out

Difference between 8 and 16V timing curve is close to 10deg, since factory timing is pretty conservative 8V soft will work in 16V with low boost. Its easy to adjust it though.

Difference between 8 and 16V timing curve is close to 10deg, since factory timing is pretty conservative 8V soft will work in 16V with low boost. Its easy to adjust it though.

What would you consider as low boost. 7-10psi or something?

Apologies in advance if this has been asked,

Mike, can you make changes to the chips to set initial start idle to a specific value?

what about idle in general.. My idle is like at like 500rpm so I had to up i ton the throttle body and now its all back and forth... Grrrr:grrr:

All of you people who are complaining about idle(well, big cams definitely like a higher idle speed), are you sure your throttle position sensor is adjusted properly and your idle motors are in good, clean shape?

All of you people who are complaining about idle(well, big cams definitely like a higher idle speed), are you sure your throttle position sensor is adjusted properly and your idle motors are in good, clean shape?

yes and yes and not a damn clue:rofl:

My idle is pretty nice actually. Hunts about 50-70rpm at the most usually, and given the cam and lightweight internals, you really wouldn't notice a difference on stock.

Apologies in advance if this has been asked,

Mike, can you make changes to the chips to set initial start idle to a specific value?

Idle speed can be adjusted in software, its temp based, I'm using a bit higher idle in cold weather, adjusting is also good when one have alternator that starts up at 900rpm or so,,,

But, first one have to make sure everything is in good, clean and working condition before using software to correct mechanical or electrical faults. I do use software "correction" sometimes on my own cars ;)

My 940T just passed jersey emissions the other day with these chips in the car. state inspection friendly chips FTW

Back