• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Goldbox ezk W/wasted spark setup LS coils questions..

superboosted

You wish you had some..
May be in the wrong area? Posted in the article? Maybe somebody can send me in the right direction for the definitive LS/wasted spark diagrams? I dunno,just looking for help :)

Some quick questions...Got my board about a month ago,had Shane(who is the man BTW) solder it up for me and wired it up last night using his diagram. Using a goldbox EZK.

Using LS coils.

---Just pops and cranks like its out of time.

A couple things.
--I sourced 12V from the factory coil power source -- Is that ok?
--I grounded both grounds to the firewall(B and A) signal ground and ground. Am i missing something here? Should one of those grounds come from the factory powerstage?

Do i keep the factory powerstage?

This is the diagram i used...

Thanks for the help,very excited here...Look how nice she looks :)

I have heard scattered reports from some customers that the 1-4/2-3 outputs need to be swapped for the coils to fire in the correct order.

Can you confirm that your wiring follows the diagram, and if so, please try swapping those two outputs?

Also, I can't guarantee that you won't overdwell those LS coils by using the standard EZK dwell curve.

I have heard scattered reports from some customers that the 1-4/2-3 outputs need to be swapped for the coils to fire in the correct order.

Can you confirm that your wiring follows the diagram, and if so, please try swapping those two outputs?

Also, I can't guarantee that you won't overdwell those LS coils by using the standard EZK dwell curve.

I will try swapping,and i have confirmed they are by the diagram.

Thanks so much,i will update later. ;-)

Back