• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The red 1986 745 build

An update once more

Hi, along with the update concerning the twin turbo manifold on the engine thread, I'll update you all on the progress on the car itself.

Starting off, I'll give a little insights into why twin turbo with two 13c's. I noticed with my first 13c that the opening in the housing is approximately 2 exhaust ports for the b230, resulting in quite a restriction, but with low rpm spool. Given that my experience with my brothers b230ft was a lot of fuel consumption and surging behavior whilst cruising at 130km/h due to this turbo setup, I decided I would like my turbo's to spool higher, around 4000 rpm (since the short ratio's I currently run put the tach at 3.5k at cruising speed already), assuming that 7000 rpm would be achievable, resulting in a useable 3k powerband.

With the reduced restriction in the exhaust path, and a better flowing exhaust and intake manifold and a big cam, this should be obtainable. I set my power goal at 350whp, since a single 13c maxes out at about 220hp, and with a better flowing head, the doubled cfm maximum for the two turbo's and the max boost pressure of 14psi should allow for this goal if I manage to remove enough restriction from the air path in the head.

To solve the issue of one of the turbo's generating more of the airflow than the other, I will apply the bank crossing technique as commonly applied with turbocharged v engines. Where the two cylinders powering one turbo are fed air by the other turbo to created a system where both banks naturally balance. Since this also requires for the creation of 2 new intake manifolds, I will be upgrading to ITB's from a GSXR, with some sheet metal manifold goodness.

The fuel and ignition will remain LH2.4, with a translator in between two stock MAF's to the cfm/voltage profile expected for a 960 maf given the airflow measured across the two stock MAF's. I will probably run green giants, with blabla's 960 maf and 7k rpm redline chips, if I do not decide to get in to chip burning myself:cool:

Conversion to LH2.4 and the graduation project

Continuing with the physical progress, I first ordered everything I would need to construct an LH2.4 loom from scratch, with a nice relay panel, and with the loom easily separable from the car.
DhiMmcul.jpg

Made good use of my new crimping pliers, whilst completely redoing the wiring for the front of the car.
Mc2pqltl.jpg

Got the engine loom together, and measured through all of my connections to prevent future headaces.
CQroEjwl.jpg

After fighting with the two 984 ecu's I obtained for a month, I realized the existence of the immobilizer, which I did not grab from the running cars they came from. This resulted in much debugging and confusion, but after sourcing a b230f computer set without immobilizer she started right up, with the peace of mind that absolutely everything else was in order with the new loom:roll: Below the easy access setup with easily swappable relays.
uWRtxPnl.jpg

Next I had to get the power steering fixed, I opted to upgrade, since I no had nowhere to put my reservoir, with a little shaving of the 960 ps pump and a little line adjustment, it all fit as such.
H7wOEOXl.jpg

Switching out the valve between a 960 pump and a 740 pump is pretty much all the conversion necessary after the pulley swap. (740 = conical, 960 = recess)
puHT1gYl.jpg

After the first test run I checked the plugs, confirming my suspicion that the stock fuel pressure regulator would not cope well with the walbro, which is next on the list of improvements, to get rid of the fuel trim codes by LH
Krg4H6kl.jpg

Footage of said test run below, I'm loving my pod filter:

Last edited:
The graduation project and the datalogger setup

Since most of my free time is spent tinkering on the Volvo, I figured I would attempt to involve my car into my bachelor thesis in electrical engineering, starting of with the idea of creating a megasquirt equivalent on the cheap, since megasquirt is no longer all that cheap.

After 2 months of research, I decided to leave this for a future project, and to start off with an operation model of my engine and some measurements to go along with this model to have a look at what could be figured out about the engine's operation from measurement. Allowing for the pre-development of the measurement side of the engine management system.

As part of this endeavor, I first got to create a new 2.5 inch downpipe for the car with included exhaust gas temperature and lambda sensor.
Pwt5Mbcl.jpg

painted a nice heat resistant black
9KaByt3l.jpg

I added a bosch 20-330 kPa air pressure sensor to the manifold, which will possibly later be adapted as a boost sensor.
vzmlQ41l.jpg

This was followed by the creation and installation of a small datalogger, to be used for storing all of the measurements (might end up improving and producing these for fun:)
1NejdeGl.jpg

The always required re measurement of loom interconnections;-)
vBaEioyl.jpg

From these sensors, I managed a couple of measurements, with an overview below for those interested in what to expect from a MAP, MAT and EGT sensor (1.5k rpm shown)
k6CLg8Ul.jpg

A closeup of the measurement
4Nu2NODl.jpg

Which I then compared to my created engine model for the b230, for which the same results as shown in the closeup along with some additional info can be seen below.
9fdtaOBl.jpg

For those confused by the airflow (postitive is into the cylinder, negative is out of the cylinder) and intake temperatures, the model did not include a model for exhaust scavenging resulting in flow reversion during the overlap of the K-camshaft modelled, quite interesting. From this and a bunch of other measurements, I ended up managing to extract camshaft profiles, engine speed, crankshaft rotation and chamber conditions from a simple set of sensors, which might get applied by someone somewhere one day:lol:

With this bit of the history of my wagon recorded, more tuning related updates will follow in the future:)

Last edited:
That bosch 20-330 kPa air pressure sensor is pretty interesting, where did you buy/find that thingie?
Nice write up man, keep up the good work.

Cheers...

Hi Chilm,

The sensor is a Bosch 0 281 002 401, VEMS found a pretty similar datasheet for it, it basically translates pressure to a linear voltage, good stuff, all the correction is done by the sensor itself, and as a bonus it feature it has a temperature sensor build in. They are quite commonly available (and 40 euros), the connectors are a pain however to find, I got it at the scrapyard. The readout was done with an arduino board, after which it was converted to the boost value with some math as provided by Bosch:)

I'll be looking into a small diy kit for these soon:)

A bunch of little fixes

Since the car is finally out of winter storage again, I got to work on a bunch of little fixes on the car I had noticed after getting it running on LH for the first month.

The first fix was the car nearly dying at the stop light if you weren't gentle on the brakes, I suspected the pump having fallen of the hanger, however the issue was in the return tube on the pump hanger. It was aimed in stock position to just outside of the stock bucket in the tank, and the new pump would suck it dry by pumping it all out. This was fixed with a little readjustment of the rotation of the return tube.
UGf3EKnl.jpg

The next fix was getting a better fuel pressure regulator installed since I got a lambda code and noticed the car running rich with the bigger walboro pump. I got myself a chinese version that would work, and instantly tore it apart to replace all the orings with quality items (since one of the original ones on the one my brother bought was installed incorrecly), cleared the chips I was warned for and took all of the fittings out, since they were sealed with epoxy. I retapped the threads to get the coating off, added permatex and put the thing back together:-P
5VgCne8l.jpg

With the fuel pressure regulator now fixed, I got to figuring out a way to adapt it to the stock fuel rail for now. I welded a piece of steel to the chopped off end on the original FPR, and drilled and tapped it to fit the npt thread on the reg as a mock-up, I also made a nice bracket and painted it black.
tfWfInUl.jpg

After testing, seeing the needle bounce in all sorts of weird manners and wondering for a while what I managed to mess up, I realized I swapped the in and output of the regulator. So off it came again, and a new bracket was made:lol:
T6HYbGwl.jpg

I then measured the distance, triple checking everything, and got an adapter piece made ready to be tapped to adapt the rail to the regulator for good.
5YfcRuQl.jpg

This solved my fuel pressure issue, and I only got the lambda code for idle, for which I expect the leaky exhaust and the ignition system to be to blame. I also made the mistake of installing iridium plugs before upgrading the stock system, which promptly fried the (I assume) already worn rotor, being part of the bad idle problem.
pZmIozQl.jpg

To solve this I swapped back to copper plugs, put on a different rotor and cap I had laying around, and to resolve another expected issue, performed a vacuum leak check with brake clean listening for an change in rpm as I sprayed around all inlet air seals of relevance. Suprisingly no leaks were found:grrr: The car still idled rough, but better.

I took a look at the plugs once more, and they showed rich
Pi5jJpnl.jpg

To get this part solved I am planning on getting to a sealed exhaust soon, as well as considering some other interesting options involving COP ignition since I have access to some extra b6304 coilpacks, if I can find space with respect to the turbo manifolds which will be getting a redo soon.

As a conclusion to my day of working through a list of small fixes, I made up a 8mm shim for my center bearing, since the sound of my driveshaft bottoming out, was starting to hurt:-( Luckily this did the trick and the car is much less clunky now:cool:
BPGKmXul.jpg

Any tips on other checks I could do for my rough idle would be much appreciated:oogle::oogle: The MAF, IAC and throttle body where cleaned before installation, and I will try to check those soon, but I suspect the issue is elsewhere. Unplugging the MAF results in an even rougher idle, so I'm pretty sure it is not my suspect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Swedbrick,

a diy kit sounds interesting, count me in if you have one :)

Hi Chilm,

I'm currently still setting up a little company to get something like this on offer, hopefully I'll get it made before summer, but it might take a while to get it to work to my liking;-) I'll will most definitely contact you when I have them at the ready.

Hi Chilm,

I'm currently still setting up a little company to get something like this on offer, hopefully I'll get it made before summer, but it might take a while to get it to work to my liking;-) I'll will most definitely contact you when I have them at the ready.

Great... I'll wait :oogle:

Rust repairs, and another track session

Hi all, it's about time for another little update on the project.

As part of getting all of the door seals and windows seals fixed on the car, I got a set of side window seals since the old ones were pretty far gone.
vWS328Rl.jpg

The rust I suspected to find was actually the lesser problem, since due to a badly done respray of the car by a previous owner, the paint had separated from the window edge, which had been covered up with silicone sealant instead of an actual repair. This left the rust to propagate, and resulted in the rear window being so loose, that I could push it out by hand:omg:
KqixVezl.jpg

After removing the window and committing to the long road to fixing the rust, I also decided to fix all of the rust spots on the top of the car, including a spot on the a-pillar and a little hole under the left side window strip.
UZH9q0al.jpg

First off the bad paint job and rust got sanded down and rust converter was applied. After which I proceeded by filling all of the bad spots and factory seams.
g5FHW9Ul.jpg

MJZeSsdl.jpg

A few layers of primer after that with many hours of sanding, and the top coats could be applied.
X0zOmDal.jpg

I used paint matched 173-2 with 2 clear topcoats. For now the paint will be left to harden since it is acrylic paint, and will be blended in soon with a possible paint restoration for the whole car.
ctAdEVol.jpg

The trim got put back on, and the preparations for another track day at Zandvoort circuit began (all of this had to happen in about a month mind you:p). First up, a new steering wheel, for which I had to add a 3D printed ABS section to the hub adapter I bought, since it did not include a proper dust seal as the original wheel had:-P
Qem4WdVl.jpg

97At0POl.jpg

ROnt3ywl.jpg

Made it to the trackday okay, even got to see the sunset without laying under the car.
RwfvHMLl.jpg

Unfortunately due to a car spinning in front of me on track, I destroyed the edge of my right front tyre on the gravel since I still hit the chicane at some speed. I did have a good laugh with the owner of the corvette however, who was confused by the old Volvo keeping up with him on track:-P

I also managed to get my hands on some new goodies for the rear axle, which I'll be putting in this weekend:oogle:
YOGDF6Pl.jpg

More updates on the track brick to follow soon!
W6kHqxZl.jpg

Last edited:
Aussie locker install, engine mounts and sorting out the little stuff

Pretty much a weekend after the track day the car was back up on the usual jack stands over the weekend, ready for the rear end locker.
aqx2aq5l.jpg

I zip tied the sway bar to my exhaust and got the cover bolts out, and then then completely butchered the splash guard to get the spider gear retaining pin out
gFAdToSl.jpg

Ended up having to dremel it in half, since there was no way it was going to fit through the space available, proceding to realized that I was an idiot for believing that the pin was going to go past the 3.94 ring gear:grrr:
RvcPQCIl.jpg

Proceded to dissasemble all of the things, and make a mess of the rear of my car. I also marked the diff's position and caps with paint, to make sure I would be able to reassemble it all in the right place.
4MYCX7al.jpg

First job on the bench was to remove the splash guard for good, since such ugly buchery cannot be allowed:-P Followed by disassembly and cleaning of all parts.
gjFy0mdl.jpg

Gave the teeth of the locker a good greasing
tRevB4sl.jpg

Got it all in and checked clearance (converted to metric, specs were provided in inches), one note I did have to bend the provided spring retaining pins to get it all in before pulling them out to complete the install
C23tGetl.jpg

Luckily the kit provided the pin I cut in two, so I got that back in correctly
RUEPR7Sl.jpg

I got the ring gear back on in the same location, torqued the bolts to 100 Nm as specified for flanged bolts by the green book for the 1030. Gave it a greasing and put it back in, reverse order of it all, also re greased the wheel bearings and gave it all a clean and fresh fluids. also replaced the stripped fill plug with the oil pan plug of an 850, same thread and a lot cheaper, long live internet cross referencing:p
ET2WHuul.jpg

Next the sound that gave me a mini heart attack on the way to the track since it went away with the clutch pressed in, sounding like a broken release bearing. Luckily it only was a loose fuel pressure gauge bezel, but it did scratch the glass:-( This time re-installed it with thread locker and spring washers for double the safety.
YguoAWll.jpg

I then moved on to the motor mounts, which were part of the vibration issue that probably got them loose. Replaced them with some I got from my dad, not sure for which Volvo they were, but with a few extra holes and a bit of cursing when it did not align first try, I got the new ones in, much better, the car feels way smoother now
SxwPNP5l.jpg

The last thing I fixed was my coolant leak which I noticed after the trackday when engine bay temps got hot. Whilst pushing my brothers car into storage for winter I found out my fan was not yet ecu operated, boiling the coolant, I have been making due with a jumper for now. The issue was pretty clear when I got the water pump off
53KCw4Nl.jpg

The easy job went hard mode when I broke off one of the bolts in my blockThe welder got involved, but did not help
8DV5VJyl.jpg

I ended up drilling in tapping for an acceptable result, the old bolt was really rusted in there somehow
QRhNHPGl.jpg

I got the pump back on with new seals and a cleanup in the parts washer, and also removed my power steering setup. I'll be moving all of that a bit to make room for the future ITB manifold upgrade.

More updates soon on rechipping the ecu for e-fan compatibility, getting buchka wasted spark and cruise control installed and cleaning up the engine bay some more:dance:

Last edited:
Crazy sprint to get to

This post will be a bit more chaotic than normal since I was pushing to get the car ready for the holidays so some things are not in the photo's because I forgot to take them:p The chassis had a lot of work to get done, which will be somewhat summarized below, with some recent post holiday updates for the cruise control included

fv1NTuHl.jpg

The first thing on my personal list of things to sort was to get a straight pully on the PS pump once more, so I got to cheap second hand pumps with the V belt wheel, bought a tool from aliexpress and got to work.

UbrLobel.jpg

Got the new pully on straight, however did manage to break the tightening tool for getting it back on, so much for cheap aliexpress tools haha. This should do for now.

o3d4rojl.jpg

Discovered that the stock bracket would work with 2/3 bolt holes a bit lower on the block so I mocked up a test fit, and also re straightened the original bracket which probably was part of my issue:oops: This should allow for my plans for the new long runner intake plenum with the ITB's and give some more space for the two intercooler tubes towards the intake.

x1BmXaZl.jpg

Used this to mock up a shorter power steering hose with remaining bits I got with the used pumps, and also got a nicer return hose mounted.

TwtBD9Xl.jpg

Made a bracket for the bosch coil for the wasted spark upgrade out of aluminium scrap, and gave it a sand for the cool look.

hlBeHCSl.jpg

I elongated the hole in the stock PS pump bracket to get the 3 holes to align once more.

B50ZUJIl.jpg

And proceeded to install the buchka wasted spark board in my EZK module using the unused EGR pins for the coil signals and launch control controls?

GXZGJHYl.jpg

I then made a whole bunch of brackets to clean up the engine bay and mounting of the ecu's along with a bracket to mount the ignition module for the new wasted spark in the location of the firewall weight.

MhgPDu0l.jpg

I also made a new bracket for the fuel filter since I did not like its location in the engine compartment, so it got relocated to under the car as it should be.

L0XnMpNl.jpg

Had a massive face palm moment when I recieved my new hose with the original mock-up fittings on a new section of hose. These were welded shut, still at a loss how they missed this and decided to put them onto the new hose:lol: Made a couple of calls and got the correct hose in the mail just before my holiday, more on how that one turned out later haha

PlaUTnbl.jpg

I also recently got to installing the cruise control after the holiday, with the launch control and e-fan switches

8FbRW74l.jpg

The old ezk mounting bracket atop the pedal box made the perfect location for the 940 module (running a 48t axle), and it should all work when I get to finishing it up

BZCIXUOl.jpg

As for the holiday I managed to make it to Limburg, the only hilly place in the Netherlands:) Good mountainbiking adventures were had, and my friends had quite some laughs about the 'streetability' of the locker diff:-P The car also improved quite a bit in fuel consumption and power with the wasted spark setup, which made up for the rattely diff haha.

I also managed to visit Sander during our day trip to Luxembourg to see al the v12 crazyness, getting to see the car in person was really cool, and I got to experience the his awesome dodge challenger on the roads there :oogle: To repay the favor I gave him a ride in my trusty brick, to get him familiar with the creaks and rattles of the interior again which he had forgotten about, and to remind him of the awesome capabilities of these cars when decently set up, at least to the extend mine is.

Whilst getting a tour of his pretty cool shop I also bought his old xc90 front brake setup since he has since upgraded to bigger and better thing, which I'll be getting to when I get some 17" wheels setup:cool:

On the way back unfortunately the new (very $$) power steering hose cracked which I discovered when tightening my banjo to stop the leak in front of the airbnb, when the hose folded in on itself and covered me and the driveway in ps fluid:-( Luckily the owner was really cool and we ended up scrubbing the driveway and all was good. I tied an old shirt under the car disconnected the belt and drove the car home on muscle, I might end up deleting the whole system since I am getting rather fed up with the whole PS endevours :roll:

Anyway new updates will follow soon on the turbo manifolds, since I am done with the chassis for now!

Last edited:
Quick little update

Since it's been a bit since an update, here's a quick little update. With the good weather season progress has been slow, since I'm mostly out for trips and have been enjoying the car running well during trips with my brother in his new very clean beige 744. Here shown just after lowering and a trip to the yearly dutch volvo convention.

tv5FZ9Vl.jpg

Where I ofcourse had plenty of stuff to sell, and gave a little promotion to my little company and took the twin turbo project as a good conversation starter:-P

zJomecCl.jpg

I also finally got a set of the 960 chassis braces for me and my brother which will get installed with the front suspension upgrades I'm planning:
- Camber modded struts or TXR adjustables
- IPD LCA busings for added caster
- Koni yellow shocks (current orange ones are questionable)
- DIY strutbrace to clear the twin turbo's

ydA868El.jpg

With the front suspension the big xc90 brakes will also be installed for which I will need bigger wheels:roll: So in a lucky find I ran in a affordable set of revolution motorsport millenium rally wheels in 17x7.5 front and 17x8 rear:-D

sCkR7SRl.jpg

And with a tryout today for fitment and looks I'm very content and stoked for the install which will probably happen after winter!

0aj6KEbl.jpg

Last edited:
Front suspension fixed

Due to my annoyance with the lack of front end grip during my last trackday I decided to overhaul the front suspension of the brick a bit, more will follow, but this is what was done the last couple of weeks:-P

Starting of with the cambermod, as commonly known here, which increased my camber to somewhere between 1.5 to 2 deg of negative camber as per my phone and the leveling app. I chose to just take the front studs out of the plates, loosen the back ones, and put a rachet strap across the strut tops to pull them together to the max that was allowed in the strut tower. After a new 10mm hole and pulling the studs back in with some chassis rings in the right size, this is what I ended up with on both sides.
oC2eApil.jpg

I then moved on to installing the new 960 chassis braces, realizing that my lower control rubbers were shot. Luckily the brake upgrade I bought from sander came with his old LCA's with new (10y old rubbers) which were in much better condition, so I swapped those on.

I then proceeded to being annoyed while finding out my roll steer correctors made the torquing of the bolts while the car sat down on the ground, almost impossible, luckily my socket set had just enough movement in the joints to get it done, pfheew. Moving on, I also torqued into place the braces for which I had pre-dremel'd the appropriate slots, perfect on #2, good enough on the other with a chassis ring on top:-P

IvIusk7l.jpg

1U6nbk9l.jpg

Whilst under the car I also got rid of the culprit for the power steering leak, it would seem like the bend was already torn before I tightened it further. I fear that the person making the hose did not anneal the metal before bending, resulting in the failure. I was in luck however, for now the stock hose, with some gentle persuasion fit in its place. So PS is back for now.
gG8dBFLl.jpg

I also got to some future goodies prepared in the form of the bijlsma EZK chipping kit:oogle:
4Xwh3Efl.jpg

Which will be put in somewhere this weekend if I feel like it at the same time as a 3deg advance switch, which has been on the list for a while, since I took it out with the new loom install. This time it will be contained in the EZK box itself.

One thing I did not like about the kit was the use of the cheap non shock/corrosion proof sockets, as shown on the left, these are notorious at my engineering course for causing weird bugs. Not what I would like to see in my ignition controller, so the provided chip in the kit got soldered directly to the PCB and the EEPROM socket got replaced by a much higher quality machine pin socket.
XtcvLDxl.jpg

Below a quick link about what I'm on about, for automotive shaky applications, I'd always go for the machined pin version, that's why they are also used for the LH2.4 EEPROM sockets:p
http://retro64.altervista.org/blog/tht-ic-sockets/

Last edited:
Car almost out of storage again, time to prepare the loose ends!

With the winter almost over again, the car will be back somewhere this week from winter storage, with a fresh registration check (APK) coming up soon, I've been preparing a couple of loose ends which will be done over the coming months.

During winter I've been playing around with mostly little projects on the car, and the XC90 brake upgrade as can be followed in projects and restorations in a separate thread:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=352970
VS2Hxl6l.jpg

In the meanwhile without a proper car, I've been making due with this, which is somewhat reversed from how normal people treat their bikes haha, but 5hp can be a lot of fun in the snow:lol:
qlx63Zel.jpg

Since backup transportation is sorted, I've been looking into the ITB setup, and after finally finishing the spacers for the throttle bodies, and with some really nice parts Sander made for me, I got to this stage.
NACgp2Vl.jpg

yAwciRFl.jpg

Since I'm also planning to run a set of 16v 350cc injectors from the P80 which I got from mrBlue, I made a set of these jumpers with a little overstock for my small company to take to volvo conventions:)
tLG3W6dl.jpg

I also made this set of centers for a future strut brace, which I can test as soon as I'm finished porting the turbo manifold, which might take a bit:roll:
oBCSgMil.jpg

The driveshaft also will get an improvement in the shape of a late M90 turbo one, with fresh everything (and yes its gold, haha). It will be put in place with a newly powdercoated brace, along with a softer rear sway (25mm ipd -> 19mm stock turbo) for better grip with the locker since it is now a bit too loose
jqPCyNOl.jpg

n1vEAYhl.jpg

I've now also finally concluded on a new direction for the build inspired by some retro 80's racing cars, and an adjustable rear spoiler.
qS9dLMLl.jpg

Which looked pretty decent on the quick mockup of what might work, with the spoiler mounted on the stock roofrack locations.
uwcFIIkl.jpg

ypUyRrJl.jpg

The rest of this thread also got a refresh with functional images (now on a different host) and a removal of some unnecessary bits for a better read, so if this is your first read, it should be a better one:-P

Last edited:
Love your attention to detail. I think you need bigger injectors! Or are those temporary?

Love your attention to detail. I think you need bigger injectors! Or are those temporary?

Thanks! These are the temporary ones, I'll be looking into a set of 980cc bosch EV14 injectors for the final setup, these should allow me to at least get to playing around with e85 on the NA motor for now, since I'm pretty close to a station in Germany that has it on the pump. The 350cc injectors should drop right in for a slightly richer mix on the b230f base map:)

ITB progress and more

With the new found time in my room due to the virus, a little more indoor work got done, first of which was a lot of progress on the itb to block adapters, cue the beauty shots:-P
5134xmLl.jpg

jQjYHpkl.jpg

Even the most crusty fuel rail on earth fit up nicely without interference:)
EhVFNYSl.jpg

I also got around to swapping out the rear swaybar from 25mm to 19mm and also softened up the rear koni's a lot, which made a great difference in rear end grip, making the aussie locker rear end a lot less drifty.
lLCTT7vl.jpg

The propshaft also got swapped (well partly, but parts are underway, turns out the rubber couplers were still made in west-germany:lol:) solving my problem with the double flex make it work solution that has been under the car for a while:p
QRhfPBwl.jpg

I also got started on the quadruple EGT sensor idea that I've had for a while, which will have a sensor in each runner, (cheap cn-racing sensors) with a small oled display on the dash for the temperatures. The sensors already seemed to work to 600 degrees C, with the tip getting red hot, so I believe they'll work out okay.

I'll 3d print a nice enclosure and get some better displays underway, I've already made a second soldered prototype running the finished code, with averaging which proved very accurate

Last edited:
Hi Chilm,

And... :oogle:

Back