• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie Volvo 360 CUP Hatch

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
This season will be the 3th season i will compete in the Volvo 360 CUP. Since the beginning i have been looking for a decent hatchback Volvo 360. This model is 80KG lighter and my current one is a bit crispy.

Read all about my old/current racer here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=210056

Few weeks ago i found this decent 360 hatch i will convert into my new racer this season. When i will lift over the engine and other bit from the current car i'm not yet sure (end of the season would be smartest)

Anyway here a few low res photo's for now

360%2520hatch.PNG

engine.PNG

int.PNG

Borrie how much of the interior are you going to be stripping out of that? I'm after a black vinyl roof lining from a 3 door non sunroof car if its not going to be used???
I dont want to take it out of my red 3 door GLT...
Adam

Passed MOT a week ago with no issue's! time to strip the car apart. already found somebody local who offered me a case of beer for it so no way i could say no to that. let the tear-down begin!

Just got word from the police that they found my spare race car with a busted window. No idea what i will find once i get home from work :-(

As far as i can see only the back window had been thrown in with a bottle of Heineken.
Now its not my favourite beer but this person must have haten dutch stuff allot

Dutch build car and dutch brewed beer just dont mix

IMG_4324.JPG

Buy lexan, put in old tailgate = WIN!

Lexan is not allowed unfortunately. i did felt how much lighter the trunk was without the glass and spoiler. Makes you wonder about lexan that's true

I will get the old style spoiler of the prev owner of the trunk (the new one has different bot holes but does seem to line up)

Cleaned out all the interior and started to take out the insulation on the roof and the floor.
Took off the tow hook also, getting lighter

360%2520troep.JPG

360%2520leeg.JPG

Got a spoiler that goes on the old style tailgate, all the mountingpoinnts where rusted out. Perfect moment to do some weight reduction.. that thing was heavy before i started taking all the rust out!

Not i have to figure out how to mount it back, maybe just bolt/pop it and allot of kit

spoiler.JPG

spoiler2.JPG

spoiler1.JPG

Gave all the interoir stuff away and traded 2 struts for a piece of plastic that goes on the back

lamelle.JPG

Last edited:
Bought rollbars!
Trew them in the car, i deceided to sand them down first, then i tought maybe i should clean them, while they are clean might as well paint them.

Took them to the garage and started paiting, offcourse i did not change my workclothes, then i hit the bars with my shoes and pants and decided i will do the rest tomorrow :lol:

rolbaroem.JPG

rolbarsand.JPG

rolbar+paint.JPG

Nice Bottle attack prevention!

:lol: true!

Back