• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

I might try it on the car with no hood and see what happens. It cost me like $10 so if it flakes off I'll know I did it wrong and I'll just take it to Jet Hot. They did a b20 header for $200 and this is under 24" so it should be cheaper than that.

yeah, I'm thinking that I might take it off and see how it does, if temps change under hood I might wrap it when I slap a turbo on the b20.... with the intake right there I might see about wrapping it up too or making a really good heat shield.

Hi Andrew, don't wrap mild steel. the better way is ceramic coating. If you wrap your manifold and downpipe you have to ad a heat protection shield to the footbay. otherwise your co driver get hot feets.

regards, Kay

Istill have several 120 front & rear windshields for ya. How's 10 bux each grab ya?

If I can't sell them, they'll be going to a glass company's scrap glass bin in a million pieces........

Istill have several 120 front & rear windshields for ya. How's 10 bux each grab ya?

Wish I had the space. I'm sure as soon as you toss them I'll need a good windshield.

Started disassembling the wheels and sent the centers to Jared to get the center bore machined out. I need to find some wider lips for one pair and see how they're gonna fit the car. All the barrels are the same but each pair of centers has a different offset. I'd like to make them 17x8/9 but I might have to settle for 8" all around.

Swapped out the 90+ for my new header. Fits nicely. Definitely looks better and will surely flow better. Picked up a couple feet of braided hose and made a new return line with some Earl's fittings I had around.

vRcLRmk.jpg

znAbTAm.jpg

Just got a wild hair today and decided to put the engine in. There are definitely a few things I could've done to make it go much easier like not try to install it with every accessory attached. It also would've been easier if the nose piece of my car would come off but it's bondo'd together from way back in the day.

Things that are good: it fits, transmission tunnel is good. Man I'm glad I had that 1800 tunnel put in two years ago. Header almost clears. Just need to grind down one small spot.

Things that are bad: intake is not gonna work. I guess I'll try a b21 intake but I think it may interfere with the master cylinder instead of the steering shaft. Shifter doesn't come out far enough back. I'm thinking I might cut part of a Mustang tunnel out so I can just use the shift boot from one. Alternator is pretty close to the idler arm housing thing. I don't know if it's hitting it now or not. I forgot to pay attention to it after I got the engine bolted down.

I'm pretty satisfied that there are only two things to modify. If a b21 intake fits, I might get away with a 90* fitting out of the master. Or I could always get a custom one but I don't want to spend that kind of money really. So whoever has an intake, let me know.

YG0xbeW.jpg

mMuiNqO.jpg

qulv1mG.jpg

Hell yeah! Looks like you might need to either get a nathaninwa to make an intake or modify the steering shaft. Have you thought about using a rack and pinion? You might be able to get away a set of steering shafts/u-joints like what people use on roadsters... I've seen some that the shaft drops at the firewall, and runs almost parallel to the frame from there forward to a rack. The rack is tipped back kinda funny, but they dont seem to mind.

Hell yeah! Looks like you might need to either get a nathaninwa to make an intake or modify the steering shaft. Have you thought about using a rack and pinion? You might be able to get away a set of steering shafts/u-joints like what people use on roadsters... I've seen some that the shaft drops at the firewall, and runs almost parallel to the frame from there forward to a rack. The rack is tipped back kinda funny, but they dont seem to mind.

I'm going to try a b21 intake and if it works I'll send it to Nathan and have it modified for a 3" TB and a fuel rail. I'm hoping it clears the master cylinder though. Modding the steering shaft is really the last thing I want to get into :lol:

That's awesome to see that in there man! How'd the mounts work out?

The mounts are great. I probably would've had no issues at all if I didn't install it with the intake, exhaust, and trans connected. I ended up taking the drivers side mount off so I could get the other one to slide in there. They are barely too wide to clear the inside of the upper control arms but taking all of the shims out of those might have given me enough room. What made it difficult was installing everything as one piece with the hood and front clip still on the car.

I'm going to try a b21 intake and if it works I'll send it to Nathan and have it modified for a 3" TB and a fuel rail. I'm hoping it clears the master cylinder though. Modding the steering shaft is really the last thing I want to get into :lol:

The mounts are great. I probably would've had no issues at all if I didn't install it with the intake, exhaust, and trans connected. I ended up taking the drivers side mount off so I could get the other one to slide in there. They are barely too wide to clear the inside of the upper control arms but taking all of the shims out of those might have given me enough room. What made it difficult was installing everything as one piece with the hood and front clip still on the car.

That's awesome news man! I enjoyed making them and it's good to see them being put to good use. I look forward to seeing how the rear end set up does.

I've already bailed on those coilovers too. There's just no room back there unless you want the car at stock height or higher. Plus the mounts were too small or the axle tubes. I just ended up buying some super heavy duty 8.8 spring mounts and I'm gonna make a perch for 3" springs.

I just want to get the trans mounts welded and get the rear end back on the ground. I keep finding these new things to try and none of it works so I'm just gonna take the easy way out.

Last edited:
Back