• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dutch Volvo 122 Amazon B20A

Sorry for the lack of updates here.

The wheels are off a Opel (vauxhall) Astra J type with bolt pattern 5x115. Fits fine.

I had some Audi wheels lying around in the shop and wondered if 5x112 fits.

They do!
Hub hole in the wheel is too small to fit the front, but this can be milled to fit. Rear fits fine. They need spacers to clear the inner wheel wells though.

Anyway, I was wondering how these would look on the Volvo if they were polished?? Kind of like the Porsche Gullideckel ones you see on older VW's

Opinions?

Don't be anxious. I would remove both screens. The front wind screen is prone to not be sealed properly, the rear one tends to leak too.
It will start to corrosion again. cut the rubber, remove carefully, weld and the paintshop is happy too.
New rubbers, be carefully with the chrom trim, and a good sealer. I higly recommended wurth 0890100043 or Liqui Moly 6196.

the Amazon will be in same colour like now?

good luck, Kay

no the car will be painted in a different color, so inside will be done as well. Atleast the parts that can be seen.

I opted to leave the screens in, because they didnt leak. And I am too affraid to damage the costly chrome trim. After the car is painted I will put a new line of sealer round. I know best way is to take it all out, but again, I jusst dont want to be shedding that kind of cash on new trim.

Have a look for a guy with experienc ein this. A lot of people did this fault (my opinion) too. Later they .....

It is not as difficult as you think. The chrom on the c-pillar is screwed from the back, you have to lift the inner lining a little bit.
if you cut the rubber with a knife it is a safe game for the chrome. I did it several times, no problem ever. To mount the chrome is alttle bit tricky.

I am waiting for the result and the new colour!

no the car will be painted in a different color, so inside will be done as well. Atleast the parts that can be seen.

I opted to leave the screens in, because they didnt leak. And I am too affraid to damage the costly chrome trim. After the car is painted I will put a new line of sealer round. I know best way is to take it all out, but again, I jusst dont want to be shedding that kind of cash on new trim.

It's not a difficult thing to remove, I just did two recently with no damage at all. Just use this $20 tool:

21AOnrK2PxL.jpg

Amazons like to rust underneath the windshield rubbers, even if they look good. And the rust usually gets down to where you had damage. I would be very surprised if your car did not have any rust underneath the seals.

The glass is too easy to take out and install that it should never not be done when respraying a 122. 30 min removal time, 2 hours of clean up, and another hour to install after paint. Might as well do it now.

Back