• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'64 Amazon Ls1 6 Speed build

In case anyone was wondering just how tight these engine bays are. Not really sure what I'm going to do about exhaust manifolds yet, or how I'm even going to fit them. There is a little more room on the passenger side because of the steering shaft.

11923344_10207629499119833_8878210826309598091_o.jpg

Rad. You've given me so many ideas for things I previously had no idea how to tackle. I'm interested in seeing what you'll do for fuel because I'm planning to just build a completely new system and I'm really stuck on that part.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Bought the pedal assembly today, so hopefully I can get it mounted and squared away soon.

I'm thinking once I delete the rag joint with a Burgeson joint I will have enough room to squeeze a log manifold on that side.

Picked up a 4ftx10ft sheet of 18gauge to finish everything up, then I ran out of gas yesterday in both welders :/

Got most of the passenger side firewall finished this morning. I can't really do the driver side until my pedal assembly gets here next week.

11934519_10207656688879560_4359531983701282578_o.jpg

Called a guy I know about getting a cage built for the car today and he quoted me $2,500 for a 4-6pt Chromoly. My jaw almost hit the floor. That seems absurdly expensive. So I'm looking into other options.

Pedal assembly showed up, going to start on that soon. Just waiting on Corbeau's and seat brackets to get here.

I used stock (modified) pedals, but you don't have to. They just need to pivot at the top and the brake has to connect to a bell crank. EZPZ

Almost finished with the firewall. Have a piece on the driver side that I can't finish until I install the Wilwood pedal assembly next week. Also had to relocate the VIN plate since I cut out the factory pedal housing that it was attached to. Interestingly, it's just screwed in from the factory with 4 tiny screws. I guess they weren't worried about theft back then.

11893788_10207727228723012_8578444076160487765_o.jpg

Your VIN should actually be engraved into the heater duct and that plate should just be option coding… at least thats how mine was, maybe it was different on 67-68's. And I didn't even have the plate on the pedal box, just the ones above the front inner fender.

Great progress so far, looks like this is going to be yet another well done Amazon on here, and its making me want to tear mine apart again and fix some crappiness.

122's built before the 33rd week of '66 have the VIN stamped in the area between the battery box and the heater. After that, they were stamped in the area between the cowl and the heater.

122StampedVIN.jpg

Called a guy I know about getting a cage built for the car today and he quoted me $2,500 for a 4-6pt Chromoly. My jaw almost hit the floor. That seems absurdly expensive. So I'm looking into other options.

Pedal assembly showed up, going to start on that soon. Just waiting on Corbeau's and seat brackets to get here.

Chromoly is going to be more monies for sure. But that really isn't bad for a standard 6pt cage. Well, in my area. The more guys you have around that can do it the cheaper it should get. And let them know you're bringing them a gutted car. My cage builder knocked off 300$ just because of that. Granted it was still a 4000$ cage but hey, I like living.

Seats showed up yesterday, brackets this morning.

However, the "correct" brackets didn't even come close to fitting so I had to cut all the mounting tabs off and make my own.

Really disappointed that this bracket was $120 and fitment was garbage. The upside is that this allowed me to position the seat where I wanted it.

11892474_10207771677354200_3815307540315357786_o.jpg

Back