• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1984 242 Nordica

77volvo245

I bought an 84 242 DL that is originally from California and made its way in Oregon sometime in early 2000s. The fenders were swapped from a 86+ 240 as well the flathood, grill and headlights. A b23ft was swapped in and converted to Lh2.2 with an M47. Then was sold maybe 2009, I remember the for sale ad on Portland CL and always wanted the car since it was for sale.

In January 2014 the car was for sale on turbobricks and I could not pass it up so had it shipped from Colorado to Oregon.

I did daily the car for awhile was not sure what I wanted to do to it or when. After the clutch cable breaks and starter went out and all of the small things that needed attention I stopped driving it.

When there is only five weeks away to ipd garage sale I wanted to do a engine bay restoration. I've done a engine bay last year that took close to 6 months.

Engine:
B23FT
93 530 head
Lh 2.4
stage II RSI cam
15g turbo
90+ manifold
850 turbo injectors
stock 240 intercooler
Center force spec clutch
15lb flywheel
Full 3in exhaust

Suspension:
IPD sway bars 25/23
Shorten coil-overs Saab struts
rear cut springs for now
rear HD bilstien
Full front poly bushings
IPD adjustable pan rod

wheels/brakes:
Team dynamics 18x8
Stock brakes for now ;)

This is the first engine bay I did for a friend

r

Last edited:
Whats with all these build posts with actual progress, this is silly :)

is this the old 'nordica'? the one with the dude that go so pissed off with TB that he took pictures of him scraping the TB sticker off and putting it on dog ****?

These kids did a ton of work in a short period of time, and nice work too. I stopped in a few times and lent a hand when they really needed it. Car is turning out great and I appreciate their serious passion for the 240.

Still like the Polaris wheels on this car much better than the others....

Good Update, now to get it up and running.

Sean

What did you do for ventilation or dust control when painting the engine compartment?

I saw water on the floor in one of the pics. Standard DIY at-home procedure. Clean the floor, then keep it wet to keep any dust down. Of course then you have to be careful that you don't kick any water onto your paint or drag the hose for the spray gun and kick up water....

Here is a photo of the car with Polaris. This photo was taken years ago before I owned it. The funny thing is I bought those wheels about 3 years ago..

yyy-1.jpg

Nice job with the engine bay resto. I was considering picking this up back when profall had it for sale. Happy it's in good hands.

Very sharp car!

What bumper trim did you use up front? It looks like stock GLT trim, is it?

Here is a photo of the car with Polaris. This photo was taken years ago before I owned it. The funny thing is I bought those wheels about 3 years ago..

yyy-1.jpg

:drool: There's just something about white 242 turbos. Great build, looking forward to seeing the final results.

Back