• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B5254t5 crank

Kzrockbum

So I’ve found out quite a bit about this motor, (meant to type b5254t4) but i haven’t really seen anywhere that said if the crank is forged or not.

If so, or if not, how much power can the stock crank handle?

I also haven’t seen anywhere to buy a crank for these motors, any suggestions?

By the way, I’m thinking about putting this in a ‘66 amazon coupe I just bought.

Last edited:
Any reason for use of this specific motor? Isn't a B5244T5 a more powerful and stouter alternative? Not sure if it's any cheaper, but at the 300ish level, you don't need to worry about the rotating assembly, cracked sleeves, or any of the other crazy stuff

You're not going to break the crank until you're well north of 1000bhp.

Good to know the crank can handle this much power.

Any reason for use of this specific motor? Isn't a B5244T5 a more powerful and stouter alternative? Not sure if it's any cheaper, but at the 300ish level, you don't need to worry about the rotating assembly, cracked sleeves, or any of the other crazy stuff

I plan on completely rebuilding the motor, replacing internals and installing new sleeves to alleviate the cracked sleeve issue.

I found a motor for $1k, just wanting to get it in find and mount a transmission, get a new rear end. Once I get everything fabbed up, I?ll start taking it apart to fine tune everything.

Ah, the R motor. Pretty sure the crank is forged. I'm getting rid of my R motor. You're gettin hosed if you're paying $1k for one. Better be damn near new!!! SS guys are parting these things frequently
Sleeving is $$$ for what ya get. If you get a good motor, you can shim it and get one of those Dee works deck spacers to stabilize the cylinders. Or, as mentioned earlier, you can use a B5244T5 and just shim it. They use identical heads, manis, and turbos from the factory. Won't be as good as a sleeved R motor and will be a tad slower off the line, but it'll endure more ponies than most guys can make

Ah, the R motor. Pretty sure the crank is forged. I'm getting rid of my R motor. You're gettin hosed if you're paying $1k for one. Better be damn near new!!! SS guys are parting these things frequently
Sleeving is $$$ for what ya get. If you get a good motor, you can shim it and get one of those Dee works deck spacers to stabilize the cylinders. Or, as mentioned earlier, you can use a B5244T5 and just shim it. They use identical heads, manis, and turbos from the factory. Won't be as good as a sleeved R motor and will be a tad slower off the line, but it'll endure more ponies than most guys can make

Deeworks will sell you the shim kit but not the blockguard plate to close the deck. He needs the block to install the part or he will source a block locally (Quebec, Canada) install the blockguard and ship it to the customer. He did this, with a little bit of my help, for Kauer's T6 motor. Shipping one way to Florida isn't that costly but it's a no-no in this Covid-19 era.

Back