• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

OEM Fuel line to FPR ?

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
Busy with some hoses and I am stuck with what adapter I need to get to connect the OEM line to my AFPR

Photo:
picture.php

Last edited:
Might be helpful if you tell / show us with pics what you are working with - I'm assuming LH2.2 if you are talking about the 760 or 780, but what brand fuel pressure reg are you trying to attach?

I added photos?

Anyway it’s an lh2.4 connection that goes on the fuel rail OEM
That now goes to a FPR, also in the photo.. sucks they don’t show?

Google photos but the same

Line:

4506d1306887530-getting-close-1984-245-wagon-fuel-line-question-pic-2.jpg

FPR

0000326_adjustable_fuel_pressure_regulator_99_05_600.jpeg

The fitting is metric and has been used on many German cars since the days of CIS.

That fitting is the factory inlet, the factory regulator connected to the other end of the fuel rail.

I added photos?

Anyway it’s an lh2.4 connection that goes on the fuel rail OEM
That now goes to a FPR, also in the photo.. sucks they don’t show?

So, depending on what fittings the AEM comes with, there are a few ways to deal with it. If you have moved the FPR to the inner fender and are adding it pre-fuel rail (as opposed to on the rail as factory) then you may want to either:

Cut off the factory female nut/ball fitting & use a quick release fitting instead - they are sold in a variety of sizes. 1/4" I think is what fits the stock hard plastic fuel line.

Cut off the male fitting on the rail (get a spare?) and silver solder / braize that to whatever screws into the AEM FPR. That would be the simplest, assuming you can braise/silver solder.

Look on Summit Racing for ideas - things like Fragola 496206BL Aluminum 45 Degree Female Coupler Swivel Adapter -6 AN and 2) BOOSTEC 5/16" male to -6AN Male Push On/Quick Connect Fuel Adapter Fitting if you want to make some kind of adaptor to convert to the AEM I/O. Problem is, you can end up with a ****-ton of adaptors to get from A-to-B

Hopefully others will have meaningful suggestions for you

Or this type of thing to convert to AN, but then you need large nitrile line

V70-XR-0092.jpg

V70-XR-0084.jpg

QR fittings:

V70-XR-0173.jpg

V70-XR-0181.jpg

Last edited:
Color me stupid but I don't understand how putting the FPR before the rail will maintain pressure in the rail. Won't the pressure just drop off past the FPR since there's nothing to keep the fuel from returning to the tank?

Color me stupid but I don't understand how putting the FPR before the rail will maintain pressure in the rail. Won't the pressure just drop off past the FPR since there's nothing to keep the fuel from returning to the tank?

No, the AEM FPR has the return. It means you're not using the stock rail return though. Not clear how he was going to handle that.

It is definitely easier to use a -6 rail than to adapt an LH 2.4 rail. Probably costs the same once you factory in the adapter fittings you would need to use to make it work.

I have the 6An rail on my car however the line from the pump is still OEM, I could go from pump AN too I guess

picture.php

A hydraulic hose shop can solder on -6 AN fitting to the feed and return side of the rail for cheap.
Or you can get a Bosch FPR to AN adapter, but they're about $125.

Are you dead heading the fuel rail, or running a return type? That will dictate plumbing needs.

In that note, I would not recommend a dead head rail if you plan on driving in warm weather with traffic unless you have a way to keep the intake manifold and rail cool enough to keep the gasoline in the rail from boiling.

I will only drive this car in summer... is this rail going to be an issue? I am using the fuel return to the tank.. that should solve this issue right?

Pump > AFPR>rail>return line to tank

Pretty sure the AEM is designed for "dead-headed" rail - in other words regulated pressure only.

Look at the pic you supplied and mine. The return comes off the bottom of the FPR - the return is in the FPR body. If you want to use this FPR you need to go Pump-FPR(Return off FPR)-Rail (cap return), or mount the FPR in the factory location as VB242 outlined above

Was just looking for something else in my bookmarks & I came across this -
https://www.jegs.com/i/Earls/361/9894DBH/10002/-1
I'm pretty sure that fits on the fuel rail where you showed in your photo.
I'd bookmarked this from a similar thread some time ago so the details are pretty fuzzy - perhaps someone else can remember?
Tim

Adapter for re-use of the line would be nice (alixpress sell bunch of them too, I just need to know the sizes)

Back