• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

I had a 1996 C4 corvette. Those have the LT4 LT1 platform. Anyway they have the dreaded reverse flow coolant system. They have issues with air pockets also. Had to replace the water pump on it but to bleed the system I would just run it bring it up to temp then shut if off and come back the next day and refill the overflow tank. Did that like 3 times. Didnt have any issues after doing that. Not sure if that will help your situation or not.

There's a new LT1/LT4...

Sean,

As for your steam port... move it to the highest point of your cooling system.

Yes, many people get by with running to to the water pump.... and other people generate steam in the heads and vapor lock their cooling system and have exactly the same issues.

Are you running all four ports, in front and back of the heads?

Last edited:
This guy has all four ports running to a surge tank on top of his engine:

https://youtu.be/m47meZqDtlo

It's amazing the amount of flow that comes out of those steam ports.

I had the steam ports running to my LS7's water pump with a Whipple 3.4L on it. Could never cool it. It was causing air pockets in the back of the head.

Moved them to the radiator fill neck and whoila, 210 all day long.

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn....=cfcef4eac1fdc058697a2215beba8216&oe=5F4D5161

I use the billet adapters now.

Also can't post pics yet.

Last edited:
The 6/20 Hot Rod magazine has a tech article on cooling. Among other things, they suggest checking for voltage drop to the fans.

Well its been damn near a year since this thing has been really driven. I may have put 150 miles on it since all the upgrades last year. Between fighting belt and cooling issues that I believe are mostly sorted out now I just have no motivation for cars and not just this car, but all cars. Covids been interesting for everyone.

The good news is that the break from cars has allowed me to get back to my old passion of cycling, a big change to plant based eating 5 months ago and some serious cycling is a good recipe for getting back in shape and losing weight.

I am not sure what the future holds for this thing to be honest. I can see myself selling it in the near future though.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and sane during these unprecedented times.

Sean

My Rx: Climb into that beast, pick a dot on the map, and do a road trip. With the bike rack...

BD4E5944-596E-475F-BEBD-41BE1E5E6097-M.jpg

Well its been damn near a year since this thing has been really driven. I may have put 150 miles on it since all the upgrades last year. Between fighting belt and cooling issues that I believe are mostly sorted out now I just have no motivation for cars and not just this car, but all cars. Covids been interesting for everyone.

The good news is that the break from cars has allowed me to get back to my old passion of cycling, a big change to plant based eating 5 months ago and some serious cycling is a good recipe for getting back in shape and losing weight.

I am not sure what the future holds for this thing to be honest. I can see myself selling it in the near future though.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and sane during these unprecedented times.

Sean

It's important to take breaks and shift the focus and energy to other things periodically.

Sean

I hear AZ is a nice place to ride!

My Rx: Climb into that beast, pick a dot on the map, and do a road trip. With the bike rack...

BD4E5944-596E-475F-BEBD-41BE1E5E6097-M.jpg

I am going to sound super old here......Its the last car I would pick to go on a long roadtrip with that I own. =)

It's important to take breaks and shift the focus and energy to other things periodically.

That's exactly what I am doing, just struggling with keeping a car that just sits there.

I hear AZ is a nice place to ride!

We are taking 10 days off the week of Thanksgiving and driving/ camping to my mother in laws in Goodyear. Be there for a few days then heading back. I am trying to decide on Mountain bike or Road bike is the biggest decision. Hopefully clear roads so we can go through Idaho, Utah and not boring ass California.

Maybe we can grab a beer when I am in town?

Sean

What riding have you been doing, MTB or road?

All of the above. Been commuting on a 1x11 and single speed cross bike. Lots of miles of double track and some single track on the mountain bike. Currently riding a hardtail 29er.

Hit me up if you ever want to ride. I am too old and beat up for Downhill stuff but I am good for 25 miles on the mountain bike and 50 or so on the road or cross bike.

Sean

All of the above. Been commuting on a 1x11 and single speed cross bike. Lots of miles of double track and some single track on the mountain bike. Currently riding a hardtail 29er.

Hit me up if you ever want to ride. I am too old and beat up for Downhill stuff but I am good for 25 miles on the mountain bike and 50 or so on the road or cross bike.

Sean

Hell yeah dude, moving to Hood River next year, lets ride Post Canyon.

Any interest in racing at PIR on Tuesdays?

Its been well over a year since this car has seen any use and its just holding down my gararge floor at this point. I started it up probably 3 months ago but it hasnt even moved in at least 6 months. I havent been in the garage in 7 months so it doesnt even get dirty in there.

I have been into cars my entire adult life with an occasional break for like a month or 2 here or there where I am burned out.

This is different, maybe its me getting older but I just dont have the passion for this that I used to. People have changed, the car world has changed. There are very few people around me that are still building stuff. Things just arent the same as they used to be and that isnt just due to Covid.

I am not really ready to sell it yet for some reason but I am getting close. I would rather have someone enjoy it than for it to sit around for another year as I dont see myself using it anytime soon.

On a good note I have been back on the bike for a good solid 6 months now. Cross Country on the 29er, commuting just about everyday on a REN and doing lots of gravel rides on a Bianchi Allroad. Been getting right around 650 miles a month and just passed 100,000 ft of climbing so pretty solid numbers.

I hope that all my Turbobrick friends are doing well through this insane year and have a good holiday.

Sean

Its been well over a year since this car has seen any use and its just holding down my gararge floor at this point. I started it up probably 3 months ago but it hasnt even moved in at least 6 months. I havent been in the garage in 7 months so it doesnt even get dirty in there.

I have been into cars my entire adult life with an occasional break for like a month or 2 here or there where I am burned out.

This is different, maybe its me getting older but I just dont have the passion for this that I used to. People have changed, the car world has changed. There are very few people around me that are still building stuff. Things just arent the same as they used to be and that isnt just due to Covid.

I am not really ready to sell it yet for some reason but I am getting close. I would rather have someone enjoy it than for it to sit around for another year as I dont see myself using it anytime soon.

On a good note I have been back on the bike for a good solid 6 months now. Cross Country on the 29er, commuting just about everyday on a REN and doing lots of gravel rides on a Bianchi Allroad. Been getting right around 650 miles a month and just passed 100,000 ft of climbing so pretty solid numbers.

I hope that all my Turbobrick friends are doing well through this insane year and have a good holiday.

Sean

Same affect here. I barely drive my wagon enough that the battery doesn't get a full charge to work and back. I've had my LSA swap sitting on the shelf for 3 years now that I'll probably never get too. Ive been putting all my effort into my 9 month old, work and staying away from getting Covid. I had the thought of selling the wagon and getting a MGB GT and doing a Sebring Kit and a VR6 swap.

Hey Sean, I read this and thought "hey, I know exactly what he means." I think this is a common thread among a bunch of my different gearhead friends...even though we all have more idle time this year, maybe we've realized that wrenching on project cars isn't the be-all/end-all activity for every spare moment. I can say I have made progress here and there but have definitely reprioritized family, physical health, and mental health over car projects. My own 242 now has a stone dead battery from sitting under cover for so much of the year.

Hope you have a good holiday season, and keep up the bike riding - nice work!

-Chris

Hope you find the spark again, very cool build. I just picture myself driving in it, laying some rubber, listening to the motor, helps me out.

Hey Sean, I read this and thought "hey, I know exactly what he means." I think this is a common thread among a bunch of my different gearhead friends...even though we all have more idle time this year, maybe we've realized that wrenching on project cars isn't the be-all/end-all activity for every spare moment. I can say I have made progress here and there but have definitely reprioritized family, physical health, and mental health over car projects. My own 242 now has a stone dead battery from sitting under cover for so much of the year.

Hope you have a good holiday season, and keep up the bike riding - nice work!

-Chris

Reassuring to hear from others, I feel like I'm just going through the motions with my project car at this point. Just trying to make any forward movement...

Its a ****ty year for everyone

I've been taking a break from cars and have found enjoyment in applying the skills I learned through car builds to different disciplines.

Back