• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cannot register, what could be wrong?????

I'd love some help with that too....I can't get loged-on

I fill all the required information, hit submit and nothing happens....

Anyone out there that can help?

I thought the whole registration thing went well, it just didn't do anything, I can't log in, I can't re-register, I didn't receive a confirmation email (was I supposed to?) and I can't seem to email Garrett either... I suck.

-Paul Demeo
1990 780T (maybe it's a 780 thing?)

When I first opened up the new forum page, a whole lot of cursewords went through my head. It's gonna be a while until I can learn to appreciate having to learn to appreciate something like this. Man, so many cursewords. So many many cursewords

FYI: i added a thread about some details, included is a brief description of the registration process http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=60

[quote:61c75a8ca2]I fill all the required information, hit submit and nothing happens.... [/quote:61c75a8ca2]
what are the usernames you all who didnt get an activation email choose?

[quote:61c75a8ca2]I'd love some help with that too....I can't get loged-on[/quote:61c75a8ca2]
need some more info on this, step by step - what'd you do

[quote:61c75a8ca2]I thought the whole registration thing went well, it just didn't do anything, I can't log in, I can't re-register, I didn't receive a confirmation email (was I supposed to?) and I can't seem to email Garrett either... I suck. [/quote:61c75a8ca2]
What username did you choose? Yes, the server sends an email to the address you plugged in. Garrett can be reached at garrett@turbobricks.com or you can ask me. no you dont suck :wink:

[quote:61c75a8ca2]When I first opened up the new forum page, a whole lot of cursewords went through my head. It's gonna be a while until I can learn to appreciate having to learn to appreciate something like this. Man, so many cursewords. So many many cursewords[/quote:61c75a8ca2]
is there a problem you'd like to discuss?

Alright tough guy... :?

"me-at-third-moon.com" doesn't work, but it's in yer profile...

"garrettkjr-at-aol.com" doesn't work, but it's in his sig...

(Yeah, I know you just gave me a good addy for him...)

At any rate, can you either make the server send another verification email to "demeo-at-hotpop.com" for "Boondoggie", or just mark it as verified?

-Paul Demeo
1990 780T

odd, i just got 14 messages at me@third-moon.com ... oh well.

I just manually activated your account, it sent an email to demeo @ hotpop.com w/o the spaces of course if you didnt get it... well... adding that plus the fact you cant send people email either i'd say call your email provider :rockon:

PM me if it doesnt work or something... i'll fix it all up

Still cannot register, nor can I read the for sale board anymore!

2 780s said:
Still cannot register, nor can I read the for sale board anymore!

Ok, it is now not required to "activate" your account, the off-topic and "forsale" forums are locked down to registered users only.

Please print this out and follow it to the "T":

[list:eb0b666ccf]
[*:eb0b666ccf]open up Internet Explorer (blue 'e' on your desktop or start menu.
[*:eb0b666ccf]go to the front page of this board: http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/
[*:eb0b666ccf]click on the "register now!" button at the top of the page (just to the left of the login and password box)
[*:eb0b666ccf]it should now load the "user agreement" read it, and click the option that you are over 13 years old.
[*:eb0b666ccf]it should now load the registration form.
[*:eb0b666ccf]fill in your desired username (i.e. 2_780s)
[*:eb0b666ccf]fill in your password
[*:eb0b666ccf]fill in your email address
[*:eb0b666ccf]scroll to the bottom and hit "submit"
[*:eb0b666ccf] *** if it brings you back to the form, what does the error at the top say?
[*:eb0b666ccf]it should now bring you to a small box that says something along the lines of "thank you for registering..... click here to go back to the index page"
[*:eb0b666ccf]browse back to the index and put your username in the login box, your password in the password box... click "login"
[*:eb0b666ccf]*** is there an error? what does it say?
[/list:u:eb0b666ccf]

Sorry to be so "then click the left mouse button on blah" but i need to know exactly what you're doing so i can figure out whats going wrong.

once you register you can go to the "forum options" drop down at the top and change your info in the "profile" section. You can edit your username there as well.

-Dana[/list]

swedespeed said:
[quote:735481e02c="2 780s"]Still cannot register, nor can I read the for sale board anymore!

[*]*** is there an error? what does it say?
[/list]

-Dana[/list][/quote:735481e02c]

Error; Page cannot be displayed, or is unavailable, I adjust my browser to no avail.

very strange. This happens every time you register?

Go ahead and email me, we can set something up or i can register a name for you which you can then go edit as you want.

-Dana

swedespeed said:
very strange. This happens every time you register?

Go ahead and email me, we can set something up or i can register a name for you which you can then go edit as you want.

-Dana

Sometimes, it says that my user name is already in use......

Anyway, Ill e u.....

2 780s said:
[quote:47777d9379="swedespeed"]very strange. This happens every time you register?

-Dana

Sometimes, it says that my user name is already in use......

Anyway, Ill e u.....[/quote:47777d9379]

Im up and running, thanks.
Andrew

Back