• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Heated seats

LeedomtoFreedom

So the previous owner had disconnected the passenger heated seat, and the driver heated wire is missing entirely.

Anyone know of an aftermarket heated seat element that isn't disgusting and a mess that doesn't overheat and break

Thank yaw.

Can't say much about it yet but I just replaced the seat elements in my 245 with these. I just wired the heating elements into the existing system like Volvo did. Only tested for about 20 minutes (my arm is messed up and prevents me from completing the install). Got toasty but not burn your a$$ off hot, guess time will tell. For the price though it's not bad.

Do these kits just want switched 12v?

Am I going to have heated Kirkeys?

Last edited:
Can't say much about it yet but I just replaced the seat elements in my 245 with these
Also carver, is there anything to regulate the temperature, like the volvo one?

And did you buy two of these, one for each seat, or just use one pad per seat. I'm very cheap just so you know

Also carver, is there anything to regulate the temperature, like the volvo one?

And did you buy two of these, one for each seat, or just use one pad per seat. I'm very cheap just so you know

Haha I almost addressed the cheap option in my last post. You could probably get away with one for both but come on man you live in Chicago...brrrr. :-P

There is no thermostat option in this kit. I was thinking about reusing the little volvo thermostat and embedding it in the seat foam under the heater pad. Nothing a little creative wiring won't fix. Holding off on that as a last resort until further testing.

Good luck!

To those who have had these in hand:

If I installed these on a bare metal seat beneath a cover with most foam cut out,

A) are there any bits that are thick or pokey enough to be the pea to my princess ass?
B) are they robust enough to be applied to metal, in the presence of moisture and above-average NVH, without zapping me or otherwise failing? Or, any reason why I couldn't stick a towel or some rubber or something to the mount side to avoid damage?
C) am I going to roast myself sitting on these with <1" of foam between me and it? How toasty do these get?

I'm sorry to jack the thread but I am so excited about this, I just ordered the Dorman kit.

Last edited:
The WG kit looks the same as the dorman. For the price I bet you it's no different.

Does anyone know if those universal kits have a heat regulator of some sort. Or is it just maximum overdrive 25/8

Wonder if you can wire them to an extra rear defog switch. Don't they shut off after a short while?

The WG kit looks the same as the dorman. For the price I bet you it's no different.

Does anyone know if those universal kits have a heat regulator of some sort. Or is it just maximum overdrive 25/8

I haven't installed it so can't tell you if it cycles or not, but the Dorman does have a hi/lo on the switch.

I've tried installing some OEM seat pads, and despite having 12v and continuity, the seats don't heat up. Is there a resistance value for these seats?

So I've got some OEM pads in, I've tested it with the car off, they FEEL like they're warming up but I can't tell. They're getting 11.8ish volts off and 12.ish at idle. At idle it seems like they're slightly warm. I haven't tried them at a cruise when they get over 13 volts but it just seems odd.

Back