• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 engine in LH2.4/3.1 car

I was joking about the cylinder head part. Seems some people think there is a different crankshaft number 1 TDC when you involve a cylinder head.

Glad to hear it's running.

I was joking about the cylinder head part. Seems some people think there is a different crankshaft number 1 TDC when you involve a cylinder head.

Glad to hear it's running.

Yeah I was confused by that statement lol. Just put the engine at TDC (cyl 1) and work from there. But piston 4 is also at the top of it's stroke, but can't remember if both valves are closed on that one too. I would think it's either on an intake or exhaust stroke but idunno.

Yeah I was confused by that statement lol. Just put the engine at TDC (cyl 1) and work from there. But piston 4 is also at the top of it's stroke, but can't remember if both valves are closed on that one too. I would think it's either on an intake or exhaust stroke but idunno.

Firing order is 1342, that would indicate the intake valve would be open and exhaust valve would be closed on number 4. Y'all are a bunch of d-holes, I was just saying pr should make sure he was at tdc not at the end of the exhaust stroke on number 1. He's young and easily influenced.

Firing order is 1342, that would indicate the intake valve would be open and exhaust valve would be closed on number 4. Y'all are a bunch of d-holes, I was just saying pr should make sure he was at tdc not at the end of the exhaust stroke on number 1. He's young and easily influenced.

Ah I gotcha. I always know TDC by verifying that the rotor is pointed near the number one spark plug lead, piston 1 is at the top of its stroke, and both valves on cylinder 1 are closed (lobes facing upwards-ish around 45 degrees). So cylinder 1 TDC was never an issue, just wanted to confirm i was installing the flywheel correctly because I did not want to pull the trans.

Ah I gotcha. I always know TDC by verifying that the rotor is pointed near the number one spark plug lead, piston 1 is at the top of its stroke, and both valves on cylinder 1 are closed (lobes facing upwards-ish around 45 degrees). So cylinder 1 TDC was never an issue, just wanted to confirm i was installing the flywheel correctly because I did not want to pull the trans.

Which you can also verify by having the cam on its timing mark, that's all I was saying- give peace a chance...

Think harder.

Think harder.

You're the d-hole I was referring to, I reckon both valves are slightly open during overlap but it's the top of the intake stroke and the intake valve will be fully open shortly as well as the exhaust valve being completely closed. Go check your ocilloscope for some random waveforms.

So got bored yesterday and wanted to look at the previous engine carnage. Dropped the oil pan and there was NO oil in it. The oil light was never connected on the owners car so he did not know it had no oil pressure. Needless to say, I wired it up to worked (I actually just plugged it back in:oops:)

Anyway, after dropping the pan and seeing no oil, I removed a main cap and rod cap. Both had scoring but really weren’t that bad. All rods remained in tact as well. So I’m not sure exactly where the failure occurred. Perhaps the pistons got hot and expanded until she seized?

So got bored yesterday and wanted to look at the previous engine carnage. Dropped the oil pan and there was NO oil in it. The oil light was never connected on the owners car so he did not know it had no oil pressure. Needless to say, I wired it up to worked (I actually just plugged it back in:oops:)

Anyway, after dropping the pan and seeing no oil, I removed a main cap and rod cap. Both had scoring but really weren?t that bad. All rods remained in tact as well. So I?m not sure exactly where the failure occurred. Perhaps the pistons got hot and expanded until she seized?

Out of curiosity.. did you ever find out what happened to your old engine?

My LH3.1 just seized on me and I'm in the same boat of putting in a 2.2. I'd like to retrofit the components of my bad 3.1 which after finding this thread sounds encouraging. I am curious to hear more about where your challenges were in the build (if any)?

Back