• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CDxxx on Volvo 740 + Infinity G37 driveshaft

I love what you're thinking here. I've been looking around for the driveshaft lengths to see if it's a possibility. I'm dealing into a 760 with IRS, so no issue with not having a slip yoke. Have you measured the overall length from the front of the cd009 to the end of the driveshaft mounting flange? Is it close to what we need?

I will measure up the length this week and will report back. I also have to check the clearance between the Serial Nine shifter relocator and the universal joint just after the slip yoke...

I also measured all the redblocks and whiteblocks I have lying around. In a 700/900 chassis, using factory engine mounts, the whiteblock and redblock bellhousing flange is the same distance back from the motor mounts. Whiteblock auto bellhousing is same depth as M46 bellhousing. So anything that works for a redblock transmission swap will also work for a whiteblock. In a 7/9 chassis, anyways.

I also measured all the redblocks and whiteblocks I have lying around. In a 700/900 chassis, using factory engine mounts, the whiteblock and redblock bellhousing flange is the same distance back from the motor mounts. Whiteblock auto bellhousing is same depth as M46 bellhousing. So anything that works for a redblock transmission swap will also work for a whiteblock. In a 7/9 chassis, anyways.

Thanks! Nice info to have. So I guess that the 5 cylinder Whiteblock share the same measurements with the T6 version from the engine mounts to the back.

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see the serialnine shifter is a good candidate! How do you like the feel on shifts?
I guess this leaves 2 prices to figure out, driveshaft, and how well that lump at the back of the transmission fits in the transmission tunnel of our cars...
Do you have measurements for the overall transmission and driveshaft lengths? I'd be interested to measure how that works out on my IRS car.

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see the serialnine shifter is a good candidate! How do you like the feel on shifts?
I guess this leaves 2 prices to figure out, driveshaft, and how well that lump at the back of the transmission fits in the transmission tunnel of our cars...
Do you have measurements for the overall transmission and driveshaft lengths? I'd be interested to measure how that works out on my IRS car.

Since you have an IRS car you could use a modified G35/37 driveshaft. I paid $175 CAD for mine. I guess modifying it will be around $300. These are quite beefy.

I haven't tried shifting with the Serial Nine because I installed it loosely since it's a unit that was landed to me for measuring purposes. I'll probably end up buying it if he wants to sell or I'll order one from Serial Nine. They're in BC so shipping to Quebec shouldn't hurt much.

You want the actual measures for the tranny + unmodified drive shaft?

I don't know if everything is more expensive in Canada. But here I can have a nice 1 piece driveshaft built for $300 all in at my local shop. Since it's a slip yoke trans seems like an easier solution than modding a 2 pc from another make of car.

I don't know if everything is more expensive in Canada. But here I can have a nice 1 piece driveshaft built for $300 all in at my local shop. Since it's a slip yoke trans seems like an easier solution than modding a 2 pc from another make of car.

You hit the nail right on the head buddy...

And a new slip yoke is around $150. I paid $175 for the drive shaft with the yoke already on.

I did go there a couple years ago and tried it. It's fries, gravy, and cheese curds. I don't think even us Muricans can screw that up.

Maybe when I get my B6304s swap up and running I'll take a trip up for the real thing again. Once I get over this wiring hump. It's alot of wires. :lol:

Since you have an IRS car you could use a modified G35/37 driveshaft. I paid $175 CAD for mine. I guess modifying it will be around $300. These are quite beefy.

I haven't tried shifting with the Serial Nine because I installed it loosely since it's a unit that was landed to me for measuring purposes. I'll probably end up buying it if he wants to sell or I'll order one from Serial Nine. They're in BC so shipping to Quebec shouldn't hurt much.

You want the actual measures for the tranny + unmodified drive shaft?

Cool that the Nissan shaft might work out.

If the Serial Nine doesn't work out, Yoshifab told me he will have 7/9 series production shifters soon and his target price is less.

You'd be surprised

I think that a company in Wisconsin is making curd cheese ? la Qu?b?coise now and shipping it to US restaurants that have poutine on their menus.

But anyway, we can write about that meal all day long in OT so lets get back on track guys! :-P

Back