• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

removing the black sticker thingy next to the windows.

pisco

Cruisin' in my Longboat.
Yeah, I know. I'm very articulate. On My gf's 91 244 the black sticker crap below the windows is cracked and looking awful. She want's it gone. I haven't attempted it's removal yet and was considering using a heat gun and some sort of solvent/bumper sticker remover. The car is white and my girlfriends so yeah, I have to be very...very...carefull. NO WIRE HANGARS!!! Any recomendations or fancy time saving techniques?

those decals. i have those, and i think their cool as hell. when their new and not cracked. but its you gf car. what you need to do is peel it like a sticker, thats right, a sticker. use a little heat not too much.

btw you like my 91 244? \/

go to your local body supply house and buy a rubber eraser wheel for a drill and will take them right off no hram to paint other than needing to buff to match the duller finish

240Psycho said:
those decals. i have those, and i think their cool as hell. when their new and not cracked. but its you gf car. what you need to do is peel it like a sticker, thats right, a sticker. use a little heat not too much.

Yup like it a lot! You just need the plastic dl hubcaps and it is a spitting image of hers. I'm going to fix up her tailights and do the red signal thing. What plans do you have for yours? I'd like to get some virgos and ipd sways going on hers. I will peel away. Thanks!

I would try a hairdryer if you need heat to get started. The thought of pointing a heat gun at my car just seems very bad.

3M adhesive, wax, & tar remover works quite well to get adhesive off the paint. I used it when removing my pinstripes, which was a very tedious job. Lucky for me the car had previous paint work, so some painter put a second pin stripe over the first, and the two layers of vinyl was thick enough to peel off in large pieces sometimes. On the repainted panels, I had to scrape every inch with my fingernails. The thick black vinyl tape shouldn't be too bad if you can get it started.

pisco said:
[quote:1129a2cbdd="240Psycho"]those decals. i have those, and i think their cool as hell. when their new and not cracked. but its you gf car. what you need to do is peel it like a sticker, thats right, a sticker. use a little heat not too much.

Yup like it a lot! You just need the plastic dl hubcaps and it is a spitting image of hers. I'm going to fix up her tailights and do the red signal thing. What plans do you have for yours? I'd like to get some virgos and ipd sways going on hers. I will peel away. Thanks![/quote:1129a2cbdd]

yup ipd sways only im going a diff route with my tails. I bought and have some clear turn signals. also i wouldnt mind some virgos :x:
im working out a deal to get some european headlights too.

Back