• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T checklist

Drunk_Babies

Car is a 1988 240DL, LH2.2, B230F.
Here's my parts list w/ notes so far, am I missing anything? Any tips are appreciated.
Going to upgrade from my Chrysler ignition to EZK 117 using parts from a late 80s turbo 740.

Ignition/Electrical------------------------------------------------------------
Turbo EZK 117 PN 0 261 201 012
Turbo ECU
Wiring Harness
Knock Sensor
Powerstage

Turbo/Plumbing---------------------------------------------------------------
TD04HL-15g Turbo
Radiator return hose from turbo car, tees in for turbo water return
Coolant res. lower hose- tee for water feed to turbo
90+ manifold
Turbo downpipe + exhaust(eventually)
Charge piping, intake piping
Oil feed and return lines + Fittings, Drill and tap block for return
Air filter
Hose from turbo intake to PCV (How does this connect between MAF and turbo intake?)
Bypass valve vacuum hose from intake mani (Fuel pressure reg, tee in)
Intercooler + mount

Engine-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turbo cam

Optional-
Wide band O2 sensor for AFR
Electric fan
Turbo MAF- Do I need this if using turbo ECU?

Car is a 1988 240DL, LH2.2, B230F.
Here's my parts list w/ notes so far, am I missing anything? Any tips are appreciated.
Going to upgrade from my Chrysler ignition to EZK 117 using parts from a late 80s turbo 740.

Ignition/Electrical------------------------------------------------------------
Turbo EZK 117 PN 0 261 201 012
Turbo ECU
Wiring Harness
Knock Sensor
Powerstage

Turbo/Plumbing---------------------------------------------------------------
TD04HL-15g Turbo
Radiator return hose from turbo car, tees in for turbo water return
Coolant res. lower hose- tee for water feed to turbo
90+ manifold
Turbo downpipe + exhaust(eventually)
Charge piping, intake piping
Oil feed and return lines + Fittings, Drill and tap block for return
Air filter
Hose from turbo intake to PCV (How does this connect between MAF and turbo intake?)
Bypass valve vacuum hose from intake mani (Fuel pressure reg, tee in)
Intercooler + mount

Engine-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turbo cam

Optional-
Wide band O2 sensor for AFR
Electric fan

Seems like a pretty complete list, I think the stock MAF should get you going. I converted to 2.4 on mine and am running the stock MAF no probs

Injectors?

Hose connects to preturbo piping, (should not see boost), run it right from the breather box to the pipe between the turbo inlet and MAF
Stock Lh2.2 maf will do

There is no “turbo” MAF sensor.

The LH 2.2 MAF sensor is 0280212007.

But make sure you use the "turbo" ECU / EZK boxes

ECU = 0280000541
EZK = 0261201012

Also "orange top" injectors from an 850T are a drop in replacement.
Bosch 0280150785

Last edited:
Typically the MAF switches to the passenger side, pre-turbo. you'll need to extend the stock harness or buy a whip

I think I needed a different hose for the IAC to connect to the intake hose, but maybe you can use your stock one without kinking it?

a "nice to have" is to replace the oil pressure sender with one that outputs both gauge and warning signals so you can add an oil pressure gauge, you can can Tee this off of the feed you add for the turbo or use the sender location for the sender and pull oil from behind the alternator bracket for the turbo. ive done both without issues

on my car there were some unused ports on the intake manifold that took standard barbed fittings, so i didnt need to tee off any lines for vacuum to the turbo or to a boost gauge

For PCV, you'll use the white "tee" piece from a turbo car to replace the flame trap. Maybe not necessary but it's what I did.

From that "tee", you'll have 1 vacuum reference that goes to the intake manifold. The larger hose on the "tee" piece goes above the valve cover to the turbo inlet pipe (between AMM and compressor housing).

Grab some nipples from a junkyard car because you'll need 1-2 more. 1 for CBV control, 1 for boost reference for a gauge, etc. of course, you could tee a lot of your vacuum stuff together, but I would avoid teeing anything for CBV or wastegate control. Those deserve dedicated references.

Back