• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to make your car turbocharged? READ FIRST

I Had My Car For Nearly 18 Month And I Am So Pleased With The Performance With It I Decided To Hot My Little Baby Up,i Will Shortly Having Management Reprogramed,suspension Lowered And A New Exhaust Made For It,i Would Love A Body Kit For It But Not Avaible In The Uk At Presant,if Any Body Got Any Info I Would Be Gratefull

Hi Bordercity
this change over might be a bit tricky -- the second temp sensor for the ECU -- there is no hole for it too, and closing off the 4 injector-holes might be tricky.
Why not mount a complete head from an B200FT, or B230FT ?
Greetings from ireland, hans

i guess im just stupid or something - where exzactly do the oil feed/return lines go??
from the pan to the turbo and then from the turbo the block??? i saw the pics but am still confuesed

safarimike said:
i guess im just stupid or something - where exzactly do the oil feed/return lines go??
from the pan to the turbo and then from the turbo the block??? i saw the pics but am still confuesed

the oil feed line goes from the block (some do right under the oil pressure sender) to the top of the turbo, while the oil drain line goes from the bottom of the turbo to either a fitting/hole on t he block, or on the pan

ok here is what i have 84 240 block with a 20 thousandsth shaved off a multi valved 740 non turbo head...gave me right at 200 psi compression on cylenders...i,ve also added a vx cam kit from pdi with adjustible cam pulley....what else can i do to get more out of it?

Air Intake Relocation

I'm contemplating a +T conversion for my '91 b230f, and it all seems fairly straight forward- I only have one, rather geographically specific question. I live in Minnesota. The weather here is frequently crappy, so I like the idea of having a closed airbox like the one on my current engine. My question is this- if I perform this conversion, will I need to relocate the airbox from right to the left side of the engine (it's a 240)? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction for more detailed information about doing this? Thanks in advance.

Use a stock 240 turbo airbox. If you're not going with K-jet, junk the fuel distributor, and fab (or get someone to fab) up something that will take its place. It's a well designed unit in my opinion, doesn't look to be much of a restriction. Either that or a 700/900 turbo airbox. Also look around at the junkyard at other OEM airboxes. There might be something good. I used a Chrysler 2.2 turbo airbox on my old +t. Not the best, but it was easy as hell to plumb in.

noob with a 121 Amazon

Hello,

Did a few searches based on the lines suggested and turned up nothing for turbo - ing the B20 engine, specifically the B20D.

I had in mind a TD05 since the final cc of a B20 (1986cc) is similar to that of a Turbo 16 Saab 900 (1985 cc).

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

hmm seem like conversion of N/A to turbo engine is possible. Anyone can help me in convert my S40 2.4i 2005 (N/A) into turbo.. probabbly add turbo kit, ECU etc...

Turbocharger Diagram

T3 Diagram

Attachments

• Turbo Part Diagram.jpg
    Turbo Part Diagram.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,855
stupid question but i read some where that the injectors on the turbos carry a different resestance so you can not just plug them in to a na motors harenss with out it not running/throwing codes is this true? thanks...

yeah the turbo injectors are about 2-2.5ohm, NA ones are about 14ohm. i don't think it'll throw codes but it will fry the ecu with to much current.

if you don't want to wire the resistors in you could find some hi resistance ones with a similar or high flow rate (around 300-310CC)

i want to go t+ i just need to get the parts together, and figure out how to do it right.

I really think we need this thread to be a "recipe" kind of thread. Basically, it should show what all you need to turbo your car when you start with a stock B230F or some other engine. It would be really helpful. I'm not all sure what I should be looking for.

Me either, I just will need someone to help me do it that know what to look for. Any one have a list they could make out of what's needed to turbo a B230F?

Back