• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Head Modifications for ENEM C2

I read something about larger diameter lifters? Where do i find these?
The head will have larger valves and yoshifab beehive springs. Finally getting this project moving. Thanks in advance.

Why would you need larger lifters?
VVVV
Its not a length or height thang, its an diameter thing. They use some Peugoet lbucket/lifter/lyftare/follower 1mm larger in OD.

The cam, when its a cam worth having, needs to hit across the top of the bucket/follower/lifter/lyftare, not ram into the side of it.
When it rams into the side, it pushes it sideways and it doesn't open the valves very good.

How are you going to install a larger diameter lifter?
I donno I was thinking I'd just waller out the hole there with a step-bit and then beat it in with a crescent wrench. Jk machine shop.

SO a shim under bucket thinger would do the trick?
Got any links, Coral?

The base circle diameter for the ENEM C2 cam is 33mm, stock volvo is 36mm. You will either need longer valves (VW air-cooled are ~2.5mm longer than stock 8v fyi), tall lash-caps, extremely thick (and heavy) shims, or extremely thick (and not-so-heavy) shims under a bucket.

Derp, guess a machine shop ought to be able to deal with that pretty easily huh

Usually, but not always. Talk with the machine shop, explain the situation, and see what they suggest.

If they have lash caps that will take up the difference, that's great.
If they want to sink the valves into the head 1.5mm to make up the difference, that can be not so great.

Usually, but not always. Talk with the machine shop, explain the situation, and see what they suggest.

If they have lash caps that will take up the difference, that's great.
If they want to sink the valves into the head 1.5mm to make up the difference, that can be not so great.

Yeah I remember seeing a few threads about guys that couldn't get their valve lash right and sinking the valves caused problems like this IIRC

Back