• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

8.8 parking brake cables?

AndrewNance

Amateur hour!
What are you 8.8 folks doing for these? This is the factory 122 cable which is so damn close to working but needs some kind of end that can attach to the 8.8 parking brake.

qHFEjOZl.jpg

those doorman parts are common at advanced and autozone, so you could do it today even

Honestly I wouldn?t have thought those little cable ends could hold something like a parking brake but it seems like I?m wrong. That seems like the way to go.

If you look at how some of those formed ends are attached to 'real' cables, you might think that those dorman things work BETTER.

I’ve used them in the past for things. Actually I found one that fits the yoshifab throttle spool really well. One of the rare occasions for this car where my first attempt at something is still working well :lol: Just never thought to use them for anything that requires a bit of muscle.

Those of you who did this with a cable stop or by welding an end on the cable - did you retain any kind of spring like an OE cable would have? If not, that didn’t cause any issues?

Never mind. Turns out the short-side cable housing from an Explorer fits a 122 pretty much perfectly. Pretty easy to make the Ford cables work once the housing is in place.

Back