• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Upright engine install

Rusty Utah

New guy post!

Have some questions regarding installing a red block engine upright, specifically is there a bell housing and rear engine cover that will do this, from an earlier pushrod motor perhaps?

short story long, i'm doing a full bottom up B-230/243 build for a hot set up in a 74 Spitfire, and want to install it upright and use a Ford Pattern T-5 ( Mustang SVO) for the closer ratio gear set. Space isn't a issue, I have plenty of room, but would prefer not to have to install it canted! This will be a N/A Duel Carb engine with custom header once I can actually source the needed parts to stab the engine and start getting measurements!

New guy post!

Have some questions regarding installing a red block engine upright, specifically is there a bell housing and rear engine cover that will do this, from an earlier pushrod motor perhaps?

short story long, i'm doing a full bottom up B-230/243 build for a hot set up in a 74 Spitfire, and want to install it upright and use a Ford Pattern T-5 ( Mustang SVO) for the closer ratio gear set. Space isn't a issue, I have plenty of room, but would prefer not to have to install it canted! This will be a N/A Duel Carb engine with custom header once I can actually source the needed parts to stab the engine and start getting measurements!

M41 b20 bellhousing or the adapter plate that allows for Vert mounting. Which I think is all that are available nowadays.

Deeworks T5 adapter and a bellhousing from a hydraulic-clutch 740 and then you can use all the factory clutch parts. All the bellhousings might be the same, you just need the hydro fork and pivot ball.

Back