• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 6.0 V12 745 project

You may consider ceramic coating for the exhaust manifolds; just buy the painting material and use oven - and polish those. I did that to my MB CL600; and it looks to be effective in keeping the heat inside the pipes.

"I would also strongly recommend using one or two S54 idle valves as they flow quite a bit more air than "normal" idle valves."

Can someone ID these Idle valves? Are they bigger than a 6cyl BMW ISC?

Congrats on the feature in bilsport magazine! ��

Thanks! No idea yet what they wrote though, they were supposed to send me a copy but haven't heard anything yet and the article on their website is behind a paywall.

The Drive wrote something about it too, as did Top Gear in the Netherlands :)

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37080...a-400-hp-mercedes-v12-is-a-legit-flying-brick

https://topgear.nl/autonieuws/mercedes-v12-in-volvo-740/

Sander.... Radio silence is deafening!

Yeah haven't really done much to it yet. A few small things here and there but that's about it. I hope to get going again in about a month or so.

Yay a bit of progress. I've been busy with a long list of small things here and there. Been working on adding an ABS sensor and tone ring to each rear wheel for the BMW M3 abs system, more on that later. I also made a fan shroud as there is still enough space. Initially, I had the fan just tied to the radiator, but a shroud is better. If only I had the proper tools to make nice bends... Oh well, hammer it is.

And I added paddle shifters to it. I like the shifters to stay in place when you steer, like on most Italian sports cars. I used the shifters from some Maserati and modded them to fit the Volvo. They fit way better than I expected.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZDng6-fRBWs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks everyone!

Nice work mr. Belt Sander :) what are you doing for engine and trans Management? Asking becuz interested :p

I think you'll be pleased to hear that I'm planning on running a Maxxecu Pro. You're still doing this remote tuning thing? ;) For the transmission I'm using a standalone controller from ofgear.dk

Spent some time finishing up the ABS system. The BMW M3 abs system is a proper 4 channel system, so it needs a sensor for each rear wheel. I made some tone rings on my cnc plasma cutter, zinc plated them and tack welded them directly to the CV joint. Also made a little bracket for the sensor that uses the caliper bolts to hold it in place. The front was easier as the 960 knuckles that I'm using already have a 48 teeth tone ring and a hole for the sensor. The Volvo sensor is just the wrong type, so I made a little adapter thing out of aluminium in which I glued the modified BMW sensor. They're wedged in there, the silicone/glue is just to be really sure they're not moving.

The front:

Last edited:
You are a lunatic... in the best way possible. An M113 would have been ridiculous enough for most, but not this madman.

Did you replace the valvebody in addition to the TCU integration\bypass work for the paddle shifters?

Back