• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

firewall connector

dutch242

Hello guys,

for my 242 vems project im looking for a good connector true my firewall. I like the idea of having no holes in my firewall. So i want to make 2 connectors

1. for the VEMS system
2. for all the assecoires (fog light, oilpressure, temprature and other stuff)

what connector are you using in firewall?:grrr:

Hello guys,

for my 242 vems project im looking for a good connector true my firewall. I like the idea of having no holes in my firewall. So i want to make 2 connectors

1. for the VEMS system
2. for all the assecoires (fog light, oilpressure, temprature and other stuff)

what connector are you using in firewall?:grrr:

We've successfully installed these on previous projects...they work great and the terminals, seals, and plugs are readily available and cheap. These are based on Delphi Weatherpack systems...I order most of my automotive terminals from Mouser, but there are several distributors...even Napa has em for a price if you're in a pinch. Not knowing how many pins per connector you need, I'd recommend a pair of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Weatherpack-Bulkhead-22-Pin-18-14/dp/B005O0V5JQ

I've got everything running through this 55pin Souriau autosport connector. (Including boost control, COP (5cyl), E-fan, Idle control etc)
DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Homer, any pictures of putting together the engine bay side of the Souriau connector together? Heatshrink/strain relief/bundling everything together?

Homer, how much did that connector cost and where did you get it? I know the Deutsch connectors cost like $400 total from my research. I don't know how Souriau connectors compare.

Deutsch and Souriau make "autosport" connectors that intermate. In my experience they're not worth getting unless you have your heart set on them (due to price). Used ones can obviously be had, but that's a different story.

In my opinion you're better off buying something out of the MIL-DTL-26482 II line or MIL-DTL-D38999 III line.

Both those lines are available for online ordering from www.connecticc.com. They have a cool part builder feature where you select your shell type, shell size, contact arrangement, finish, and keying, and it shows you exactly what they have in stock and how much it is.

The rub with these barrel connectors is that they're available in thousands of different part number permutations. You really need to look over the datasheet to figure out what you need. You also need the correct crimp tools. These circular contacts can't be crimped with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Back