• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 Exhaust

MGBRaceman

Ladies and Gents,

I'm in the market for a new exhaust system on my 87 245. I'm looking for something special that I'm having trouble finding. I've had the car since 1991 and I've been through the factory exhaust, Samsteffansson exhaust, and IPD exhaust and I'm tired of buying.....well.....crap. Also, I have a Samsteffansson 4-2-1 Header on the car. The closest thing I have found is classicswede's product which meets all of the below criteria but one. I've been in discussion with Dai there but about a week ago he went offline and I haven't heard from him since. Perhaps he went on vacation or something, I've been praying that nothing bad has happened to him. Moving forward here's what I'm looking for:

-Stainless Steel
-Mandrel Bent
-2.5" Pipe
-2 or 3 bolt flanges instead of pipe over pipe with clamps
-Over the axle
-Decent looking outlet tip
-Goes all the way up to the header

I know this is asking for a lot, but I thought perhaps someone on here may know something. Thanks you all very much.

Very Respectfully,
Adam

Last edited:
Find a decent exhaust shop. They should be able to give you exactly what you want as long as you're willing to pay for it. To my knowledge, there isn't a off the shelf unit that fulfills your requirements.

All,

Just got word back from Dai, stand down from operation exhaust search. To Tom and Ben, thank you for your reply.

Very Respectfully,
Adam

Mandrel bent S/S custom made ? $$$$$$$! You can buy Mandrel U bends and straight pipe And fab/tig it from there. I made my 2&1/4" dual exhaust system for my V8 car in 1991. The cost for materials $1000 [then], plus my labor. Still going today 280K miles later. Most shops can't do S/S mandrel bends.

Back