• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Extended Wheel Studs for 200 series

how bad do (will) they rub?

not sure yet...no biggie if I have to
smash.gif
the fenders a bit ? The car is far from being in perfect shape...

dorifuto.net

back on topic please, i am inquiring about either extended wheel studs or bolt on spacers. i am not concerned with how you guys feel about what tire i am running in the front. next friday i'll be ordering the spacer set through 245gti, not gil racing my bad on the typo..

i've used washers up front as make shift spacers to make sure i'll have clearance, the lugs only went on 1 1/2 turn, hence why i need spacer. the rears will need at least 30mm spacers. i've measured the back spacing it looks to be right at 6&1/4" all around.

dorifuto.net
is still spelled wierd.

I have welded studs in, and there is no imbalance issue. The diameter is very small compared to the size of the wheel/tire, and you would have to weld all of one side and none of the other to get even an ounce off.

Do the studs, add washers for temp fit, make spacers that thickness.

I was hoping for a reply to the sybian thing.

Or an isadora duncan reply.

BTW, 245gti is a good man. I don't have his spacers, but I have purchased from him.

those wheels studs sound tempting,did you take the hub all the way off and have the welding done? or just get them welded in with the hub still on? it seems very feasible with the hub on.. i pmed you mike P

I was hoping for a reply to the sybian thing.

I was going to suggest a Mythbusters show on that death thing :)
google didn't pull up a thing on it, not that I looked, hahahaha

Or an isadora duncan reply.

BTW, 245gti is a good man. I don't have his spacers, but I have purchased from him.

another vote for 245gt.....

I've seen the cheaper spacers/adapters from eBay and the quality could be a lot better

those wheels studs sound tempting,did you take the hub all the way off and have the welding done? or just get them welded in with the hub still on? it seems very feasible with the hub on.. i pmed you mike P

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400295+300117+115&autoview=sku

I removed the axles, cleaned and welded. Bolted up rotors and wheels to hold them true.
The fronts were removed by Towery, I welded them in with nuts as spacers, not as straight.
I might have pictures.

^ +1. Mike did this on my 240's rear axles. Now I just need to go buy a ****load of washers and determine my own spacer thickness.

Yes, Mike. I was trying to remember the more PG-rated actress scarf caught in mechanism death.

From wiki:

"A habitual wearer of flowing scarves which trailed behind her, Duncan's fashion preferences were the cause of her death in a freak automobile accident in Nice, France, on the night of September 14, 1927 at the age of 50. The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous."

Duncan was a passenger in the Amilcar automobile of a handsome young Italian mechanic, Beno?t Falchetto, whom she had ironically nicknamed 'Buggatti' [sic]. (The marque of the automobile is open to dispute but the informed opinion is that it was an Amilcar, a 1924 GS model. "

Looking forward to comments on the fellow's nickname.

Removing the hubs is not difficult, nor is putting them back in when done with the stud install. You'll have to remove them anyway just to install press-in long studs, so there's no way around it. The front hub is just a cotter pin through the spindle and a castle nut. The rear is a bit more complex, but once the brake rotor is off and you've figured out how to remove the parking brake hardware, it's just 4 bolts and the axle halves pull right out from the tubes. Use the brake rotor, put it on backwards, screw on two lugnuts backwards, and yank the rotor like a slide hammer to get the axle out.

i wonder if anyone has the specs of a stock 200 series stud
I have some loose 240 studs I can measure, but no calipers for precision. The ARP studs for a Ford application slide into the hole on the hub easily, but they don't have a lot of slop.

Removing the hubs is not difficult, nor is putting them back in when done with the stud install. You'll have to remove them anyway just to install press-in long studs, so there's no way around it. The front hub is just a cotter pin through the spindle and a castle nut. The rear is a bit more complex, but once the brake rotor is off and you've figured out how to remove the parking brake hardware, it's just 4 bolts and the axle halves pull right out from the tubes. Use the brake rotor, put it on backwards, screw on two lugnuts backwards, and yank the rotor like a slide hammer to get the axle out.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the wheel/axle bearings at the same time ...........

I have some loose 240 studs I can measure, but no calipers for precision. The ARP studs for a Ford application slide into the hole on the hub easily, but they don't have a lot of slop.

dorifuto.net

back on topic please, i am inquiring about either extended wheel studs or bolt on spacers. i am not concerned with how you guys feel about what tire i am running in the front. next friday i'll be ordering the spacer set through 245gti, not gil racing my bad on the typo..

Rant mode on.
dorifuto.net - code word for cars for complete f^%*&ing morons. Arg!!! get real - sideways is slow and LAME.
Rant mode off.

Rant mode on.
dorifuto.net - code word for cars for complete f^%*&ing morons. Arg!!! get real - sideways is slow and LAME.
Rant mode off.

Someday you'll get sideways, without a tree looming in your window and soiled shorts, and you'll see the truth.

Back