• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

Slowly getting this thing back together...

RXsRC64.jpg

P2td0iI.jpg

7dDh9aY.jpg

Looking good! Funny I was just working on mine today too. I was actually going to send you a DM about what headgasket you're using but since you have a VVT head you aren't going to have the issue I was today.

Thanks!

What is your issue with the head gasket?

I’m using a regular Victor Reinz gasket.

Last edited:
What is your issue with the head gasket?

I?m using a regular Victor Reinz gasket.

I'm using a b6304 head. The VR gasket cooling passages wont hit the cooling channel in the deeworks guard. I actually modified an MLS gasket (would be a bolt on for you) to match before I realized I'm going to have to drill it a bit more custom. (Nothing like botching a 300 dollar HG).

It's a problem specific to my block / head combo. I'm almost wondering if I should drill a few more holes in the cooling channel. :???:

I'm using a b6304 head. The VR gasket cooling passages wont hit the cooling channel in the deeworks guard. I actually modified an MLS gasket (would be a bolt on for you) to match before I realized I'm going to have to drill it a bit more custom. (Nothing like botching a 300 dollar HG).

It's a problem specific to my block / head combo. I'm almost wondering if I should drill a few more holes in the cooling channel. :???:

You want to drill holes in the block guard or the HG?

Maybe you should talk to Roger about this?

He never answers my emails :(

I'd drill the guard. Then you don't have to think it in the future if you change the headgasket. Small holes aren't really a structural weakness.

That's my plan. It's in the cooling channel in the guard so it'll be below deck surface. About as low risk as it gets.

He never answers my emails :(

That's my plan. It's in the cooling channel in the guard so it'll be below deck surface. About as low risk as it gets.

Yeah he's not very cooperative these days... Been waiting for spacers for my big brakes adapters he made for me like a year ago...

I'm about to rub his nose in the dirt...

...and the strange communication pattern is the one large reason I haven't ordered more stuff from him :(. I'm calm and cool as a cucumber if communication is easy, but I become a panicky bitch if I can't reach someone who's got hundreds (or thousands) of my dollars :(.

I'm not asking for daily updates, but being kept in the loop in regards to payment received, order processing, order shipped, etc, is nice.

Worked a bit on the S14 subframe swap... I should start cutting into the rear trunk spare tire hole to make way for a cross beam that will have to be welded between the two frame rails. Plenty of space to work with since the fuel tank is removed. I have to order a set or rear Nissan S14 coil overs. I will need some pretty thick wheel spacers if I want to be able to install the 285mm rear tires I plan on using.

Wheel centered at the same place the original wheel was placed.

mBmV2YR.jpg

Pretty tight for a 225mm. This is on a Toyota Supra wheel. I don't know what the offset is.

ybwgrxb.jpg

On the left is the spare tire "container" that I'll have to remove a good chunk of.

xVmQjnx.jpg

I'll have to weld a square tube beam between the two rear frame rails on which I will weld the round tubing stand of to bolt the rear subframe mounting points.

NwIFEW4.jpg

This is the left front subframe mounting point. It aligns with the frame rail pretty neatly so I think that all that will be needed is to weld a round tubing stand off of the correct height with a long bolt running though the frame rail.

CHzbvth.jpg

A peak though the driveshaft tunnel. The differential will need to go up quite a bit.

G0WOFxj.jpg

So I'm going to start cutting off along this dotted line to make way for the sub frame support I'm going to build for the rear mounts. I'm going to use 3 1/2 inch square tubing with 1/8 thick walls for the cross member and 3 inch round tubing, again with 1/8 walls for the stand offs.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the best tool I should use to cut into this. Sawzall? Cutting wheel? Electric metal scissors? Cutting along the frame rails is going to be hard with the sawzall.

Also, what is the best way to remove the bonding material that is present in multiple places? Welding is pretty much impossible anywhere near that shiz...

Oqnej0j.jpg

I'd probably start cutting with a cutoff wheel. As for the sealant, scrape what you can off with a sharpened putty knife or razor, then wire wheel or scotchbrite on a grinder.

Looking forward to seeing how that 6 cyl turns out.

Back