• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How much psi a stock can support?

Was this car filled with 87 or 91/93? I may have missed it in the video.

Nice results. Sucks that stock LH loves going lean on tip in. I hear occasional knock on my +t car at 10psi running good quality 93 octane. Usually goes away mid pull but it's still scary. I need to go stand-alone.

Nice results. Sucks that stock LH loves going lean on tip in. I hear occasional knock on my +t car at 10psi running good quality 93 octane. Usually goes away mid pull but it's still scary. I need to go stand-alone.

That instaspool 13c plays a big part in that I think. It goes from no psi to full tilt so fast the computer can?t keep up.

That instaspool 13c plays a big part in that I think. It goes from no psi to full tilt so fast the computer can?t keep up.

Fair point. Good excuse for a turbo upgrade! But even the 'big' 16t/19t turbos still spool so fast. I'm thinking it could be 100% remedied with standalone.

Fair point. Good excuse for a turbo upgrade! But even the 'big' 16t/19t turbos still spool so fast. I'm thinking it could be 100% remedied with standalone.

Oh for sure a microsquirt would make everything a lot easier.

I do remember back in the day a 50 trim was the favored upgrade.

93 man, I don't run no 87, that ain't me lol.

As far as insta spool.. I mean.. I guess.. it's not that fast. I should've done a better job getting pictures of the graphs, I'll do that this afternoon when I run it with open downpipe for a couple of pulls (and see if I have to turn the controller down). so I tried to start all the runs at 2000 rpms, 5% load on the roller (which isn't much, not exactly a road-force simulation, but it slows the pull down an extra second or two), the 13c didn't get moving and shaking until after 3k (I think it popped positive after 2500, and from 2500 to 3k it built like 3-4psi). some of that is the converter still coupling up, but still.

to be fair, that amount of boost is a tall ask for an otherwise stock car that was mapped out at like.. 6 or 7 psi lol

loaded the dyno software on my house laptop (that's a thing.. when you don't have a desktop anymore..) and got some screen shots:

16.6psi, full exhaust:
original.jpg

same mbc, same settings, open downpipe:
original.jpg

bleeder style mbc, full exhaust
original.jpg

hallman style, full exhaust
original.jpg

stock, for shiggles and gits.
original.jpg

Video of this afternoon's runs shortly, along with an overlay and brief discussion.

Last edited:
dHBDCCZl.jpg

For comparison's sake, here's my car with the same mods (on a different day, dyno, weather, blah blah blah), an EBC instead of MBC (GFB G-Force 2 I got for free) and an M90 instead of an AW71.

(and tuned LH instead of stock)

Back