• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

17x8.5 Wheels on 940

Jelle9990

I have just bought some 17x8.5 et35 rims for my 940 turbo, it is different bolt pattern so Im looking at some adapters and I was wondering if 20mm front and 25mm in the back would be too much or what would you guys suggest? I?m trying not to roll my fenders, at least not like crazy!

I do have plans in the near future to lower it (35/40mm) but I?ll see about the drop later on after the wheels is settled...

Best regards Jesper

That'll be a tight fit in the front, at least with stock strut mounts.

this is 17 x 7.5 and it was nearly touching the strut tower if I remember right... I think about a cm off.

M.

DSC05416 by D H, on Flickr

17x8 et40 wheels with 225/45 17 tires. Wheels are adapted with an effective offset of et18 up front and et12 out back. No fender rolling but it rubs in the back some with the whole family loaded up or accelerating hard out of a turn. As you can tell, I'm not going for a stanced or flush look.

Front is close as I'd want to go to the stock struts but has plenty of safe clearance. There's plenty of room in the back. I'd have to space the front out more to clear the coils on a coilover setup.

Back