• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bugs, errors, and other jargon

its been brought to my attention that the older versions of Netscape (4.*) have a bug where the posts with images larger then 28 pixels act as a layer and overlap the following posts.
This is probably because of a few things: the pre 6.0 netscapes are not compliant with the latest W3C code, in other words the <th> tag is not recognized. Its also a common problem where netscape fails to render tables within tables correctly.

none the less its imperative that you update to a newer version of your browser, not just because you're missing a lot of functionality on the net, but also for security updates and features.

Netscape Downloads: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp

-Dana

Dana, do you know how Netscape 7 is? I am still using 4.x because my computer is slow as hell, and when I tried NS6, it freakin sucked. Do you think 7 would be better than 6? I'm still running Win 98 with Celeron 466.

Also, how do I register for this board???

Greg

i couldnt tell you how 7 is since im a IE guy (its got cooler features and its built in) however i do know that one of the biggest things was the heavy "theme" for 6 that was default, you can change it to the original trimmied down one once its installed, oh and remove all the extra "tabs" they want you to use.

Win98/466mhz/128mb ram ? shouuld fly with just about any browser really. Worst case senario you could uninstall it and just deal with the 4.* bug, however you might mis some good info from a technicall picture over lapping a post (jump over to IE for a sec and read it, then go back to NS)

oh, to register you just go to the "forum options" drop down at the top and choose "register" follow the instructions, you will get an email to "activate your account"

I'll be adding a sticky about "intro to the new board"

-D

I just highlight and copy the text hidden under the image and paste it somewhere so I can read it. Mostly a minor annoyance, but not nearly as bad as downloading 22MB of NS6 on a 56k only to have it pop up a message about a missing DLL file so it won't install. See why I don't upgrade very often? Something is bound to go wrong.

Could you guys post that link on the main page of this thing. I always just clicked that button to go there when I logged onto turbobricks.

Isaac B said:
Could you guys post that link on the main page of this thing. I always just clicked that button to go there when I logged onto turbobricks.

i added the "aim chat" link/icon yesterday afternoon, if you dont see it, hit refresh... its only on the front page

Back