• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

finally, something cool to work on

tell her it will blow up soon, needs lots of money to fix, and is unsafe.

then make her an offer lolol

i can't, that is morally wrong and i am an honest mechanic, i could never bring myself to affirm stereotypes that mechanics are thieving bastards that don't care about the customer.

That's what I do.
You point out everything it will need and make them think their car is worth less than it is.

Same thing with buying a house. You settle on a price, then ask for concessions based on the home inspection.

FAIL.

how much rust?

mrbill wants

that is the thing, there is NO rust. :omg:

that is the thing, there is NO rust. :omg:

**** dood!!@$@#%!!%!!%!^%$#^!

maybe after you fix it just break down in front of her and say "ive ALWAYS wanted one of these and now that i got to work on it and test drive it it makes me sad to see it go..."

maybe she will feel sorry for you and either let you borrow it or maybe she would sell it to you.

it that doesnt work.

steal it.

:omg::omg:
So is your job to make it drivable? Like get it running, replace brakes, gas, oil, and all that stuff? Or just make it run?

she wants it mechanically restored... it is really not that bad though. the fact that when i slapped a battery and added 5 gallons of premium it started right up and the A/C still blows cold was a good indicator it wasn't going to need a **** ton of work.

That's what I do.
You point out everything it will need and make them think their car is worth less than it is.

Same thing with buying a house. You settle on a price, then ask for concessions based on the home inspection.

Man...you and Amir...gunna give us Canucks a bad rap with concepts like that...good lord.

a little love for the 242GT.. i had some stuff off while servicing it, figured i would courtesy paint their cam cover and polish the oil cap... give the nice old car an attractive look under the hood ya know... if the customer doesn't like it i can strip it back down to the nasty decrepit state it was in before... :lol:

see, that is some good service at no extra charge. :-P

s6301143866.jpg

Damn Matt you are so ADD it's incredible.

Gotta get some more customers in the door, eh? :)

I should leave my car and the Painless harness down there with you and then it would magically get done!

a little love for the 242GT.. i had some stuff off while servicing it, figured i would courtesy paint their cam cover and polish the oil cap... give the nice old car an attractive look under the hood ya know... if the customer doesn't like it i can strip it back down to the nasty decrepit state it was in before... :lol:

see, that is some good service at no extra charge. :-P

s6301143866.jpg

missed a spot: intake:oogle:

I should leave my car and the Painless harness down there with you and then it would magically get done!
Whatever project you have, it can be done in one day at the DB.

well see, we work ninja hours over there and like to get stuff done.. we go by invite only.. i invited you last friday but you were dissing traffic or something.

as part of the service i had to check valve clearance and reseal the cam cover, whenever i do that i give it a good cleaning... after cleaning it still looked beat, so 2 coats of silver, 30 seconds on the polishing wheel and 5 mins later the engine looks great.

it was more of a courtesy thing for a good customer with a nice car... i am very ADD though hahahhaa

missed a spot: intake:oogle:

not my car, no courtesy intake polishing for the time being.

Back